2.0 - Keel

The following days after the duel, Itsuki had been knocking on Naofumi's inn room door, demanding a rematch. Luckily, Raphtalia was always there to scare him off every time.

Naofumi: "Talk about a sore loser," he sighed.

Raphtalia: "Honestly! You beat him fair and square," she also sighed, grabbing her things to go out. "Anyways, Motoyasu-sama said to go purchase a filolial from Beloukas-san. He said it was absolutely crucial that we do."

Naofumi: "Ok, but what's a filolial?"

Raphtalia: "Remember those big birds that pull carriages. Those are filolials."

Naofumi: Having our own filolial would save us money on transportation. On the other hand, it's another mouth to feed. "So what do they eat?"

Raphtalia: "I'm not entirely sure. I've heard they can eat almost anything."

Naofumi: "Well, I feel like I could eat almost anything right now. Let's get something to eat first," he said as his stomach growled.

Raphtalia: " *giggle* Yeah, let's do that."

As Naofumi and Raphtalia walked out of the inn, they spotted Ren walking towards them. He seemed a bit troubled.

Raphtalia: "Hey, aniki, look over there," she whispered, pointing to a little girl, wearing a big silver ribbon, hiding behind an unattended booth.

Naofumi: "I didn't even notice. She sticks out like a sore thumb," he whispered back.

Naofumi suddenly noticed how other people were just walking past her without batting an eye. However, before he could speculate on this, Ren walked up to the pair and started talking.

Ren: "Hey, do you mind following me around," he asked, looking directly into Naofumi's eyes.

Naofumi: "To lose your pursuer," he questioned quietly.

Ren: "If you don't mind."

Naofumi: "On one condition, you pay for our next meal," he smirked.

Ren: "Sure. Come follow me."

After the trio walked for a while, they stopped next to Erhart's shop. They didn't talk at all, except for the occasional complaint from Naofumi that he was hungry.

Raphtalia: "You seem to have something on your mind. Care to share," she asked.

Ren: "I can see why Itsuki had a hard time trying to speak with you."

Raphtalia: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Naofumi: "So, what do you want to talk about," he asked, glaring at Ren.

Ren: "How did you get so strong despite having only your Shield and one party member?"

Naofumi: "All we did was kill lots of monsters. Day in, day out. Raphtalia has hit a level cap, so we haven't gone out to grind in a while."