A Royal And A Rebels Tale {3/3}

After attendance was taken, Coach Gingerbreadman told the class to do laps around the track. You choose to walk, remembering you needed to secure your strength for the future. Those stairs in the school were definitely very threatening to your legs.

Cerise choose to walk beside you, but you could tell that he wanted to run like some of the other students. 

"You can run with them, I'm not gonna hold you back."

Cerise shook his head, "it's fine. I had a bit of a work out with a friend of mine. We plan on racing later, so I don't wanna tire myself out." 

"I respect that," you nod. Still feeling guilty. The two of you walk in silence as Cerise listens in on your quiet heartbeat. 

It.. Sounded comforting.

The red hooded boy stares ahead, his attention focused on nothing but your hearts gentle thumps in your ribcage. His pace going even more slower than before so he could hear it closer.

You lightly tap his shoulder.

Cerise's silvery eyes widen at the touch as your scent was no longer near him.

Neither was your heartbeat.

"I'm gonna go get my things, I'll see you at lunch Cerise!" You call to him as you scuttle off to the bleachers, unaware of the unknowing trouble you caused him.

You watch him nod as he heads to your former spots. A sneaky grin on your face as you follow the other students to (hopefully) the lunch area.

Cerise grabbed the small pile of cough drops you left right next to his bag.

-

Standing in line for lunch, you watch students grab anything they can before finding their desired spot. Picking up a trey, you look over to the front of line and spot Raven grabbing their food before sitting down at a empty table. A slump in his posture as he pokes at the food dismissively.

"Hey Ra-oof!" You try to call out, but the guy in front of you bumped backwards into you.

The guy turns around, his lips parting in a small 'o'. "Sorry!"

"It's fine, just be more careful next time." You look around him to see the line grow shorter.

The teen hasn't turned around to face the front, he kept opening and closing his mouth like a fish. Trying to say what was on his mind. You mentally encourage him as he stutters out his words. 

"Y-you, uhm, I haven't seen you around before? Are you.. New?"

"Mhm, just transferred." You state quickly, hoping he wouldn't press on with questions as he was now in front of the line.

"Hex- I-I mean, Hexcellent." He said. His back bumping into the lunch counter on accident.

He turns away and looks back to the front. He notices a pink cupcake and was about to reach for it. But the food was quickly snatched by a goblin like student. The guy sighs sadly as you pick up a few items for your lunch. Noticing your line buddies dilemma, you notice the lunch lady put out more cupcakes.

You take a couple and hand one to him after placing the rest to cover your tray. He smiles in suprise, taking the sweet treat and taking a small bite. You squint at him, pointing to his cheek on where the pink frosting was.

"Here, take my napkin."

You hand him a napkin and he wipes it away. "Uhm, t-hanks." The brunette croaks out, hiding his face in the napkin shyly.

You wip your head back to where Raven was sitting, but not before looking around the cafeteria, hoping to see Briar. But, the sleepy-head was nowhere to be found.

Shrugging it off, you and your line buddy head to Raven's direction. Awkwardly glancing at one another as you hurried to the spot in front of Raven. The ravenette notices you and smiles, "Oh, hey (Y/N)." The teen greeted, poking at his food listlessly. 

"Hi Raven!" You greet back, ignoring the unpostive atmosphere surrounding him. You push out of one your cupcakes from your lunch tray, "here, a thank you gift for letting me eat with you." You state, your eyes devouring the rest of the food on your plate.

Suprised by your generosity, he puts it on his own plate. Somewhat expecting you to say you've changed your mind. But.. You just smile widely, then start taking small bites of your dessert without a care in the world. 

Raven looks at the cupcake in thought, his school life was getting easier; the feeling of being alone and isolated. (Excluding a few friends.) 'Maybe this year might be.. Better.'

You stop your munching when a shadow cover the castleteria lighting for you. Gazing up, you notice you line buddy. Smiling kindly with a small wave as he walks up closer to the two of you.

"Hey Raven! Uh-You look gort... I mean great. I-I don't even know what gort is..."  The teen mutters, losing his confidence once again. If you weren't occupied with food, you would of pat his back for trying. Instead you wave at him while stuffing your face.

"​​I'd offer you a seat, but I'm "evil." To sit here you'd have to be pretty-.

The castleteria doors slap open as two blonde haired males enter the room as joyful screams erupted for them. 

"Oooh, Daring!" Someone swoons aloud.

"Daring.." Raven finished his sentence with a exasperated lock. Locking eyes with the other Charming.

"What? No, Raven, I'm Dex, Dexter Charming! Daring's my bro.." A flash of white evaded the three teens eyes. You slowly blink, before screaming. "Shit, my eyes i can't see! They burn!!" You wail dramatically, making the two laugh at your joke?

They quiet down once the blonde headed pair come near the table.

 "Oh, gort."

[Actual update this time!! I'm hope you guys enjoy it! We are finally getting the yandere-ness!! Comments are appreciated, they help me keep writing!! I got my first fan art!!!! Please send more in! Big thank you to lordcalws, check out their art book!]