Chapter 1 New recruits

Hot shot and Scorch were playing cube with some friends. They got very annoyed with Scorch being all me first and another got annoyed with Hot shot for spraying him with water. "Sorry about that," Hot shot said. "I got to learn to control these things." he said tapping on his water cannons and proceed to spray himself in the face. "Oh boy," he said.

"Man some need to learn to handle things better," Scorch said. "I won fair and square," he said.

"Scorch you know they are upset because you were being all me first and being a show off," Hot shot said.

"Well at least I can control my attachments, unlike you, you keep spraying everyone and everything including yourself," Scorch said.

"Hey water cannons are not that easy to control," Hot shot said. 

"Hello Hot shot and Scorch," a voice said.

They turned and saw Optimus prime. "No way you are Optimus Prime," Hot shot said.

"I can't believe Optimus Prime knows us," Scorch said. "Do you want to play cube with us?" he asked.

"Perhaps another time I have something to ask of you both I am looking to expand the ranks of the rescue bots," Optimus said.

"Rescue work I have been studying firefighting for as long as I can remember except I never really done any training actual work with it in real life, but I would love to try," Hot shot said.

"I don't know," Scorch said.

"Scorch playing cube may earn you fame, but what I am asking can make you a hero," Optimus said.

"A hero huh? I like the sound of that," Scorch said.

"Then what are you waiting for let's go," Hot shot said.

They went through the space bridge and saw the academy. There were four other bots there. "Hello I am Whirl so happy to meet you," Whirl said. "I am hoping to do police work, this is Hoist he does engineer stuff, Medix is a medic in training, and Wedge is a construction bot," she said introducing the others.

"Nice to meet you too," Hot shot said. "I am Hot shot, I studied firefighting for as long as I can remember," he said.

"Awesome you actually fight fires?" Whirl said.

"No, I only studied it, I never got a chance to train in it or do it in real life," Hot shot said looking ashamed. 

"Well to be honest, not many of us has done the rescue work we are planning to do before to be exact," Medix said.

"Well you came to the right place to get training." Hoist said.

"What about you?" Whirl asked.

"I am Scorch I actually kind of do search and rescue," Scorch said not knowing what say. Hot shot just shook his head not knowing what Scorch was thinking.

Then all the rescue bots called class together and they were going to start training and learning. "Okay we are going to start a sim," Heatwave said. 

It was of a fire in an apartment kitchen. Hot shot was excited to try out the skill he had been studying for his whole life. They all went in but Scorch got a head of them and made matters worse until Hot shot jumped in and pour baking soda on the flames smothering them.  "That was a close one." Hot shot said.

The training bot tough luck Chuck got a bit burned. "Scorch that was grease fire water makes it worse, the baking soda in the fridge is what you should've used." Hot shot said.

"Good work Hot shot, you know your stuff," Heatwave said.

"Thanks I studied firefighting for as long as I can remember but this was my first time practicing it," Hot shot said.

"Well you did good, Scorch try to wait up for the team and try to do better," Heatwave said.

Then Hot shot sprayed Wedge. "Hey what was that for?" Wedge asked.

"It was accident, I have very poor control of my water cannons it happens all time I am trying to learn to to control them honest," Hot shot said and then sprayed himself in the face again. "You see I even do it to myself this is so embarrassing," he said.

"Don't worry Hot shot control will soon come, I remember it took me a long time to learn to control my water cannons and soon you will control yours," Heatwave said.

"That's good," Hot shot said.

Scorch and Wedge had a race and Wedge beat him and beat him in stacking. "If you can't stack boxes how do expect to save lives?" Wedge asked.

"You know what I am out of here," Scorch said. "I am just not good enough," he said running off. 

"Scorch come back," Hot shot said. "Wedge that wasn't nice, this all new to Scorch, he's never done any of this before and you guys have done this before and you are expecting him to do it the correct way off the bat? I mean what's wrong with you?" he asked. Then ran off to find Scorch. 

He found Scorch trying to leave. "Don't let Wedge said get you he's wrong, you never studied any of this or done any kind of training like this before so it is harder for you because it all so new to you, remember the first time we played cube?" Hot shot said.

"Oh yes that was such a disaster," Scorch said. "I remember how the other players just teased us like so," he said.

"So this is new and you need to keep trying," Hot shot said.

"I agree," Optimus said. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, I have somethings I want to show you too," he said. 

They followed Optimus to another room and showed them two boxes. "In these boxes are two amazing things from old times, one is a multi cog and the other multi purpose tool device that one can use for a need situation and change into what you need." Optimus said. "But only goes to the ones they deem worthy." he said. "If there was a cube game and the winning point depended on either of you what would do?" he asked.

"I'd win," Scorch said.

"I do what I could to help me team," Hot shot said.

"If you could do rescue work what would you do?" Optimus said.

"I would do what I could to help," they both said.

"Good answer," Optimus said.

The Multi cog chose Hot shot and the Mutli tool chose Scorch. Scorch and Wedge had another race and this time Scorch thought things through and won. "Good job looks like you thought things through this time," Hot shot said.

Now they had to rescue Cody who was trapped. "Hmm I chose a jet mode today so I can't do anything in Vehicle mode down here but maybe I can find another way to help and started to spray with his water cannons to help move the rocks with the others. Scorch's multi tool turn into a grabber to move the rocks.

Cody was soon free. "Thanks for the rescue," Cody said.

"Looks like you two are worth keeping around," Wedge said.

Now things were ready to get started at the academy.