Chapter 3 Water cannon troubles

Hot shot was busy training with his fellow rescue bot recruits and it was going well until he accidently sprayed Hoist. "Sorry," Hot shot said. Then he tried to spray the fire but they wouldn't spray. "Out of water already?" he asked pointing his cannons in his face looking at them. Then he got sprayed in the face.

"Apparently you still have water," Medix said.

"Hot shot things will go a lot smoother if you had control over your water cannons," Wedge said. "I know you have studied firefighting and are good at training with it, but it is hard to train with it and do it in real life if you cannot control your cannons. How do you expect to be a firefighting rescue bot with cannons you haven't learned to control, every bot I know at our age can control their modifications something must be wrong with you," he said.

"I don't know maybe something is wrong with me," Hot shot said and ran out.

"Wedge!" the other recruits said.

"What someone had to say it," Wedge said.

Hot shot was hiding another room he was worried something was wrong with him and started to cry. 

Heatwave was nearby and heard the crying. He found Hot shot crying. "Hot shot what's wrong?" Heatwave asked.

"I think something is wrong with me because I can't control my water cannons," Hot shot said.

"Who told you that?" Heatwave asked.

"Wedge," Hot shot said.

"I think I will have a talk with Wedge," Heatwave said.

"He isn't the only one who said that," Hot shot said. "Bots I know on Cybertron said all bots my own age especially ones with water cannons, they call me names like protoform and sparkling." he said. "They said I must have something wrong with me because I haven't learn control and they told me they learn at my age or younger to control, they said I must be sick or defective," he said.

"Kids can be pretty mean," Heatwave said. "Tell you what how about a check up with Ratchet who is visiting today to see what he thinks," he said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

They found Ratchet and Heatwave explained the situation. Ratchet examined Hot shot and found him to be 100% healthy. "Hot shot you are normal and healthy bot," Ratchet said.

"Then how come I am 8 years old and I can't control my water cannons and everyone else can control it before my age or at my age and they tease me about it?" Hot shot asked.

"Well Hot shot the kids who tease about that stuff they are just being mean," Ratchet said. "They think saying that stuff makes the better and cool." he said. "But as for your first question this is normal, I know as a medic everyone's body is on it's own schedule at developing so don't worry if you can't control your water cannons yet it will happen soon, just wait," he said.

"Let me tell you something I couldn't control my water cannons until I was almost 12 everybody is different," Heatwave said.

"Wow," Hot shot said.

"How about I give you some pointers," Heatwave said and began to help Hot shot learn to control his cannons. 

The other recruits were watching. "Hopefully I will get the hang of it soon, and I feel better knowing that my body is on it's own schedule and everybody grows and changes at their own pace." Hot shot said.

"You're right," he heard and he turned around.

There were the other recruits. "Sorry for teasing you whenever you have trouble with your cannons Hot shot we didn't realize how hurtful we were being," Whirl said.

"Yes and sorry for the way I treated you, I shouldn't have said that," Wedge said. 

"It's okay," Hot shot said. 

"Now that is settled let's get back to practicing," Heatwave said.

Hot shot continued to practice with his water cannons and there was a fair share of accidental spraying.