[3] Train and Rest

"Having Control"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mustard." I called, the boy turning to me almost immediately.

"Huh?" he seemed uneasy speaking to me.

"You need to have more control of your quirk. For example, emitting the sleeping gas in one direction so it is only breathed in by the enemy, or building your own immunity against the sleeping gas," I sighed, patting his back, "You should have waited to join the villains at a later time, after all, you are still a middle schooler, still very, very young. However, I can try to help you with your quirk. Why don't we do some training together? With combat as well."

"Uh... Okay..." he nodded reluctantly. I gripped his hand, walking us to another room. It was a plain old empty room. Good enough. I shut the door behind us.

"You don't have any gas masks with you now?" I asked him. He shook his head in dismay. "That's fine. We'll proceed with a spar then. No quirks allowed." Mustard nodded in agreement before I could ask.

"Start!" I dashed behind him before he could react, grabbing his neck and arm before pushing him onto the floor, pinning him down without using my weight on him. "Hey, you're a villain right? You should be able to handle just a few attacks alone. You can't just rely solely on your quirk, remember?" I reminded him, "Also, real battles don't have count downs."

"Yes, Rogue..." the tone in his voice was wavering.

"Hey, where did that attitude of yours go? Don't tell me you lost it during the camp attack." I taunted him. He stayed silent. "Oh, I don't mean it. Relax Mustard. I'm not really mad at you for the camp. Actually, it's more on me, myself. I couldn't help you that time."

"Whatever." he retorted, landing a punch on my face which turned red.

"Ah." I put my hand over the red area, gently pushing on it, "Well done Mustard."

I started to teach him some techniques I used myself and I could see his combat improving. Just a few days later, we had another spar, this time with Mustard lasting against me for a longer time. "Good job, Mustard! You may not be as strong at combat as me, but you'll still do good in a fight."

I walked away to get some food for both of us, since we were training for quite a while. "Kurogiri, can you transport me to a nearby convenience store?" I asked him, still putting on a long wig and removing the cloth on my face, as well as putting on a jacket. A black and purple warp appeared in front of me, "Thank you Kurogiri." I walked into it, appearing in a dark alley. 

I exited the alley invisible, revealing myself when I entered the convenience store. I picked out some groceries, took out the named price and brought the groceries back into the League's base. 

No kitchenware? No worries. I managed to make two bowls of fishball noodles for Mustard and myself. I walked back into the room, handing him one bowl and chopsticks, "Here."

"...T-Thank you," Mustard seemed surprised by the gesture. I guessed it was because he used to be alone with no friends. I patted his head, messing his hair up. Mustard looked tired, and annoyed. He reminded me of someone... Someone that used to always be by me. I smiled in reminiscence, startling Mustard since I usually had a blank expression. 

"Haha," I said, eating up my noodles.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Let's play UNO," I offered, holding a box of UNO cards. 

"What? Where did you even get those?" Mustard stared in confusion and curiosity. 

I shuffled the stack of cards before he could reply, handing out the cards at random face down.

I checked my cards, careful not to let him see them, rearranging the cards to my preference. I then took out a suitable card from the deck, a yellow seven. I let Mustard start first, who placed down a yellow one. I only had one yellow card, reluctantly placing it on the stack. He pulled out another yellow card, which was luckily number three. I slammed the green three card when he was done.

I forgot how the rest of the game went, but I ended up losing the UNO match.

Time passed, then it was dark. Mustard was still a young and growing boy.

"Mustard. Go brush your teeth." I grabbed the back of his shirt, pulling him away to a toilet. He thrashed in retaliation, resisting my grip. "Villains need to take care of themselves to!" I dragged him painfully to the toilet, finally getting him to brush his teeth.

"Are you done?" I asked him from outside as he shouted a 'Yes', proceeding to another room, laying down a futon mattress on the wooden floor. I walked back to Mustard in the toilet, leading him into the room with the futon. Well, I pushed him to the room, then had a game of tug of war, then he lay down on the mattress.

And then he fell asleep. 

- End -

this is a rushed chapter lol im so sorry i've been sleeping on this fic for a while now. writers block.