[5] Sacrifice

"Two"

tw: viol nc , slight g re, d ath

.

.

.

"Toga and Twice. You'll join yakuza from today." He told us.

"Shigaraki, let me join them too." I asked, but he shook his head, "No."

"What a boring joke. You're so funny, Shigaraki." Twice commented.

"They even asked for Kurogiri. I refused. Honestly, that fellow is busy working on an important case right now. As for mobility, take the underground—"

"No, let me join them," I argued, "I can watch over them. I don't have to fight. Besides, I've gotten a bit better with using my prosthetic" I tried to convince Shigaraki without provoking him. It had been only two or three days since I started practising using the prosthetic arm, and I was getting quite used to it sooner than I thought, which was impressive.

"Pleeeease Tomura~ Let Y/N join us!! I'll go if Y/N goes!" Toga pleaded again.

"I'll make sure they don't make rash decisions," I told him.

"Ugh, fine, whatever..." Shigaraki relented.

"You sure you'll be fine, Y/N?" Compress asked, glancing over at me.

"Are you brainwashed by that masked idiot?" Twice replied, "That guy killed Magne!"

"And he also blew off Y/N's arm..." Toga added with disappointment and hostility laced in her tone.

"I brought him in without knowing," Twice started. I walked over to him and patted his back. "It's not your fault, Twice..."

"I'm also just a human. Shigaraki." he pleaded. "Toga, you too! Say something!"

"Tomura, what are we to you? For me, I'm at ease in the League." she hopped off the wooden crate, swinging her limbs around playfully, "In the beginning, it was because of Mr. Stain. I also wanted to do as I please," she spun herself around, approaching us, "If possible, I want to make the world an easier place to survive, "Answer me, Tomura." she aimed the blade next to his throat.

"Toga!" I grunted as I held her knife back, appearing behind Shigaraki.

"Why do we have to do something we don't like?" Toga asked him menacingly.

"Toga, I'm sure he has his reasons..."

"Well..." Shigaraki took off his mask, showing his face that I could not see, "It's for me and all of you. They want to constrain our maneuverability and at the same time, win you over because you're useful. They will slowly force us to submit to them on the periphery. It was never their intention to be on equal footing with us." I let go of Toga's knife as she pulled her hand aside.

"Twice, you want to take responsibility?" Shigaraki looked at him, "This is one way to do it. I... I trust you from the bottom of my heart."

My eyes widened at this, touched, seeing as Shigaraki was not the type to speak about heart and all. I never knew he was like that.

A few days later...