𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭

summary: in which; Harry returns home for the holidays but, this time, his girlfriend comes along with him

trigger warnings: sexual content, mature themes.

word count: 10.5k

includes: boyfriend Harry, 'prince hair' Harry, meeting Harry's mom over the holidays, dry humping, Christmas, written in the second person.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

           "H? Where are you?"

The sound of your call flitted through the apartment, and you solely perked up when you heard a muffled response from your boyfriend. The drawl of his gruff voice lingered in the entrance hall and you were all too excited when you heard him disclose his location.

           "In the bedroom!"

You toed off your shoes, peeled off your jacket and dropped your bag off by the door in a heap of varying fabrics and tones. It was mere moments before you scuttled down the hall to his bedroom, following the memorized path with the help of the light streaming from beneath the closed door. You stepped into the room after opening the door gently, unsure as to whether Harry would match the bubbly mood you had found yourself in.

           "Hi, H," the words bubbled past your lips before you had crossed the threshold, and it was only after you spoke did you catch sight of him sitting at his desk. The wooden tabletop faced away from the door and it consequently presented you with the sight of his hunched back, muscles visibly tense even through the knit of his sweater. The fluff of his soft curls poofed from beneath the beanie atop his head, cradling the chestnut strands. Sheets of paper were scattered across his desk and only then did you realize the source of his tension. "What work are you doing?"

Despite your inquiry that concerned his annoyance, Harry turned from his desk with a sweet smile on his lips. His features were softened by the dim light of the bedroom and his eyes held a certain warmth when he saw you.

           "Hi, baby. I thought y'were coming over later because you were gonna meet y'teacher for her office hours?" he inquired, a soft furrow to his eyebrow when he peeked over his shoulder to eye the clock resting on his desk. It read ten after five and the time presented differed from the six o'clock arrival you had originally discussed. Once hearing you approach, however, he paid no more mind to the matter. You were here, with him, and that was all that mattered. "C'mere, baby."

He pushed his chair father back from the desk and opened his arms wide to welcome you on his lap. His hands gestured to the height of his thighs that you frequently made a home of, and the sweet gesture was all you needed to bound over to him. You lifted a leg over his own and situated yourself in his lap, wiggling momentarily as a means to settle before linking your arms around his neck. Your straddled position brought a sweeter smile to his lips, the feeling of you so close after such a long day digging dimples into his cheeks.