Thank You.

(AU Severus doesn't die in the boathouse and is discretely running about Hogwarts killing deatheaters)

Severus Snape swipes a strand of black hair out of his face as he exits a small classroom. He had spotted a death eater roaming and followed him into the room, killing him instantly. He slows his breath as he hesitantly steps out into the (oddly silent) corridor, tightly clutching his wand at his side.

He walks down the corridor, just suddenly realizing how much damage has already been done. Used to the horrors of the terrorist organization he is apart of- he doesn't even so much as bat an eye when the sounds of agonizing screams and spells firing ring out through the air.

He runs around a corner and keeps a close eye out. He jumps in his spot when he sees you appear in front of him.

~

You stumble into your father and look up at his eyes as he frowns in confusion. Irritation at first, due to your clumsiness- then concern because of the war that is currently raging on.

Without hesitation, you throw your arms around his torso and pull him to you as you close your eyes shut. He tenses at your contact, unused to you being physically affectionate (neither of you had ever been that way).

"Thank you." You whisper, your eyes feeling heavy.

He remains frozen in place and his breath tickles your temple when he quietly mutters,

"For what?"

"For everything." You whisper back, your body starting to feel weaker and weaker.

Now somewhat adjusted to the sudden physical contact, Severus hesitantly wraps his arms around you. One hand between your shoulder blades, the other on your lower back.

He freezes when he feels something wet on your mid to lower back. He keeps your head against his chest as cranes his neck forwards to look down at your body.

Your shirt is stained with fresh blood and the spot seemingly continues to grow, blood spreading.

"Y/n??.." He gasps, slowly lifting up the hem of your shirt.

He feels your body slowly start to go limp against him and when he pulls your shirt high enough, he finds a large wound nearly the size of his palm. You were likely hit by some sort of debris or a spell.

Your body grows heavy and your knees buckle to the ground.

"Y/N!" Your father shouts, his deep voice urgent.

He slowly lowers your to the ground and on your side, careful go your head.

"Dad." You whisper..

"No. This is not happening." He whispers to himself, having flashbacks of Lily.

"Thank you for being my dad." You choke out, before everything fading to black.

The last sound you hear is your dad screaming your name.