Here Comes the Bride (Pt. 1)

"What do you want, child?" He sighs, putting on a playfully angry look as you waltz into his room.

"Ouch, Severus. I missed you too." You say to your old potions and DADA professor.

You had graduated the year before, the wizarding war now over. After a brief break, he resumed his role as the Potions Master- Professor McGonagall becoming the Headmaster. The upcoming school year hadn't started yet- as the school, teachers, and students are still recovering.

After your professor having been in your life for so long, you ended up calling him by his first name- initially as a joke. His pissed off glare at your informal title of him always made you laugh. He eventually stopped trying to correct you and over time you began to call him by his first name. It, if anything, was more appropriate- simply because you are dating his godson, who already calls him "Severus" (though occasionally still Snape/Professor out of habit).

Your boyfriend of three years, Draco Malfoy, had proposed a month ago. Elated by the event, you didn't hesitate to send an owl to the professor.

Your relationship with Severus was more than a student and teacher, and more than friends. He had been there for every milestone of your adolescent life. One memory that always stuck out to you would be your first yule ball at Hogwarts. You had absolutely no idea what to do. You didn't have as many friends then, despite dating the Draco Malfoy. Your mum was very distant, often touring the world (without you). You never had a dad growing up, he left when you were just a baby.

You were self conscious about your dress, you had no idea how to properly do makeup and the little you had on, ended up streaking down your face in a mixture of tears. You were essentially having a panic attack in an empty corridor. Professor Snape found you and said, quote, "Get up off of the floor, you silly girl. Quit your whining and dry your tears. Come with me."

Tough love.

He ended up leading you to his classroom, where he handed you a green handkerchief (that you still have to this day), poured you a cup of tea, and gave you a wash cloth to wipe the makeup off your face. You didn't know how he knew how to do it, but he began to do your makeup for you. You didn't even think about asking how the hell he knew this stuff.

(Though a year or so later you asked about it and he talked about his childhood friend, Lily, who had insisted- more like demanded, as he put it- that Severus learn how to do makeup. The way he talked about it, seemed like he genuinely enjoyed learning about how do it. The more you know).

Long story short, he ended up being your fairy godmother.

He always attended your Quidditch games, even though in the beginning you didn't even notice he was there.

During fifth year, you received your first Christmas gift from anyone in several years. When you and Draco's relationship began to grow more serious- you, celebrated Christmas at Malfoy Manor, courtesy of Narcissa's insistent invite. Severus was there as well.

During the night of when Dumbledore was killed- Snape locked you in a broom closet before casting a silencing charm. You thought it was some sick joke and called him an 'evil bastard' when he unlocked the door later. He let you punch him in the chest weakly until your arms gave out from under you. Without a word, he held in his arms you as you cried into his shoulder, scared by the event. He murmured apologies and vaguely explained what happened- not wanting to burden or scare you.

After the war when he was almost killed, you spent nearly every day and night in a chair in his room at St. Mungo's. Cissy eventually had to put her foot down, demanding that you leave to get some rest. Apparently he knew you were there a lot- despite his weary state. The first words he said when he was fully conscious and able to talk, were;