Chapter 9: Apple of Eden

-3rd POV-

(United Kingdom of Lugnica)

The 11th Great Saint of the Western Church was currently looking down on four certain girls that were currently on their knees.

He taps his foot impatiently on the ground whilst wearing an annoyed expression.

Y/N: Look I know it was my idea to have Cooperative ruling system but why in the heavens......

He grabs the paper printed with gold accents and shows it to the 4 girls infront of him.

Y/N: Do I hold the highest authority position?!?

Emilia look at him with an apologetic smile.

Emilia: Since you are the one who helped us deciding with this new system, we thought it's only fair that you had your fair share.

Y/N: I never wanted any authority! Especially if it's related to ruling.

Crusch: I agreed to this because it was necessary. There will be a time when 4 of our ideals would come in a conflict, and you are the best person who could talk us out.

Y/N: Then let me do it as the Great Saint! There is no need for all this unnecessary authority!

Priscilla: Just so you know, this decision is not made just by the 4 of us, pretty much all the nobles living in this nation agreed to this.

Y/N sighs tiredly and look at the final culprit with a deadpanned look.

Y/N: So what about you? What's your reason?

Anastasia: They all just gave me a contract that let's me have me 2% of their annual income, and since you are also an Overseer, I'll get your's as well.

Y/N facepalm himself so hard that the wind kicked up in the room.

Y/N: Y-You are already holding the highest financial in the kingdom and you want moar?! Until when are you going to be satisfied?!?

Anastasia innocently place her finger on her chin thinking for a moment and then she replies.

Anastasia: How much money does this world has?

Emilia/Crush/ Priscilla: (O_0)

{Echidna}: T-That girl is batshit crazy!!

Y/N: That's an understatement! You need something more than that describe her!!!

{Echidna}: Godshit?

Y/N: That level up in a way I did not expect! (O_0)

Y/N massage his head to calm down from this situation.

Y/N: You know all of this doesn't make very sense to me.

Emilia: What do you mean?

Y/N: This land's resources.

The 4 girl slowly turn anxious.

Y/N: It's rich with gold, silver, copper, magic and quite possibly all kind of ores. The soils in this can could easily skyrocket this nation agriculture. And the overall terrains are perfect defenses if war broke out.

He suspiciously stare at the 4 girl who were now sweating bullets.

Y/N: And yet no one has yet to conquer or claim this land, it's more strange that the Western Church themselves are avoiding it.

A moment of silence fills the room before Crusch walks up to Y/N.

Crusch: Sir Saint, how much do you know about this Kingdom.