Chapter 1: Hello X There

"I'm just trying to protect you!"

"But you're hurting me! You're hurting me so much! I can't-.. You can't keep me locked up in a tower every moment of my life to keep me safe! Don't you know how much it hurts to be alone? To be- away from everyone??"

"Please! I'm doing this for you!"

"You're doing it for yourself!"

"Why won't you just listen to me, ROSE!?"

"..."

"..."

"..yeah, Rose. Because you can't stand for anything happening to your precious Rose Quartz. I'm not even my own person in front of you, and I never will be..."

"Wha- Wait! Where are you going? Please!"

The world swayed gently, just as it had before

Before? Before what?

The saltwater outside hit the side of the boat, a thrumming sound echoing after it. The boat creaked and passengers groaned.

A boat. The hunter's exam. I'm on a boat to the location of the hunter's exam.

"Ugh, it feels like I died and got dragged back up all the nine levels of hell and then some.." I muttered, shifting. My curled-up position was not the most comfortable and my back popped a few times.

"'Sure look like it too, brat," an older male voice replied. No, interrupted. Rude a–

Chuckles echoed out throughout the boat. The swaying continued.

"Not like you're looking so hot either," I quipped back and turned to look at the man. What a view, I rolled my eyes.

The man looked old, dirty, and like a pedophile to be frank. People like that aren't worth anyone's time.

"I look amazing." The man stated.

"And Amber Heard won the court case," I added. But as I said, people like that aren't worth anyone's time. I picked up my things and swiftly made my way away from the man. Well, as swiftly as one could on a swaying platform.

The swaying is never gonna stop, is it?

Of course not, why would it? It's a boat, of course, it's gonna-

"Oh hello," I mumbled. A glint of something caught my eye. Down a hallway, something shimmered in the dim lighting. Just as quick as it appeared it was gone and down the other hallway.

I stayed still. Why would I want to follow it?..

"I'm gonna be upset if this is how I die." Grumbling some more, I followed the thing quickly. Too slow and I'd lose it.

The thing continued.

Down the hallway, up some stairs.

Into the light and-