Chapter 5: Foggy X Thoughts

"You're awfully cute, and I'd really like to play with you, but your life is short and I don't want you to give up on everything you want."

I'm not worth it.

"Now everyone" Satotz called, "Please make sure to follow close behind me

"Now everyone" Satotz called, "Please make sure to follow close behind me."

Everyone was running at almost the same pace, some panting. Everything was silent, save for the few crows cawing every now and then. The swamp was chilly. Not warm, but not exactly cold enough to flat out say it was cold.

The air felt thin and it was getting hard to breathe. Maybe the fog? The fog around us is what kept my mind from fogging up. Very grounding for some odd reason.

"The fog is getting even thicker as we go," Kurapika observed.

I nodded, and we all continued running.

"Hey, guys!" Gon called from up ahead, "Killua says we should all move up to the front of the pack!"

Leorio fumed, "You idiot! If I could reach the front I'd already be there!"

"Go ahead," Kurapika said.

"Just make it to the end and we'll find you!" I yelled as well.

The fog began to settle around us even more. The air felt even thinner and it was to the point where we couldn't even see a few feet in front of us clearly. Kurapika said something about the fog as well.

"It's alright, as long as we don't lose sight of the guys in front of us," Leorio stated.

Suddenly, the heads of the people in front of us fell off their shoulders. Their bodies disappeared as well. It made us stop running.

Leorio yelped, "What the hell is going on now!?" Big strawberries began to float towards us, surrounding the group of people we were around. "What is that!?" Leorio demanded.

A man stepped forward and towards the floating fruit and fell. He was suddenly yelling in the mouth of a weird creature that looked like a mix between a dinosaur and a turtle. Giant strawberries pierced by thorns adorned the shell of the creature.

Everybody began to yell and run as more creatures appeared. Leorio, Kurapika, and I remained still as the creatures began to surround us.

"Oh fuck..." I mumbled.

Leorio grabbed a big tree branch and Kurapika held up the wooden nunchucks he had. All I could do was raise my fists but it was something. We all got back to back, looking around us warily. A yell caught our attention. Leorio had placed the tree branch vertically in the creature's mouth as he was lifted up.

"Leorio!" Kurapika yelled.

The branch Leorio was grabbing onto was cracking. Once the creature realized the branch wasn't going to snap easily, it began swinging its head around. Leorio flung around along it, not having much of a choice.