Chapter 7: Heights X of X Rest

Now, now, that's not true at all.

Sure, all these places have been explored before, but they haven't been recorded so intimately as they have been in this journal. It makes them new and special all over again for any reader to experience.

Have you ever considered becoming an author?

You weren't believed in either, huh Buddy?
That makes two of us.

After the second phase, we all were herded onto the Chairman's airship again to head to the next phase

After the second phase, we all were herded onto the Chairman's airship again to head to the next phase. That same evening, we all stood in an open room in a crowd surrounding the Chairman. He was going to be talking apparently

The Chairman began, "I will now take the opportunity to introduce myself properly to the remaining 42 applicants. I am Netero, the chairman of the selection committee for this year's hunter exam. It is a pleasure to meet all of you."

"And I'm his secretary beans," the small green person next to the chairman said. He was the one who gave us our badges at the beginning of the exam.

The Chairman said, "I had originally planned to make my appearance during the exam's final phase. Well, seeing as how I'm already here... I have to admit, there's nothing I love more than this feeling of tension in the air. So I think I'll stick around for the remainder of the trip."

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock AM exactly. You'll find dinner waiting for you in the dining hall." Beans added, "You're also welcome to get some rest of course. You're free to do as you please until we contact you. The evening is yours."

Killua quickly turned to Gon and said, "Hey! Come on Gon! Let's go and explore the airship!"

"Yeah!" Gon said.

Killua and Gon both turned to walk away but Gon ended up yanking my arm. Our arms were linked together and I hadn't even noticed. "Gon, hold on! You're dragging me along with you!" I yelled.

"I know! Come on!" Gon yelled, pulling me along with him and Killua.

There wasn't much I could do except let it happen. We turned down lots of hallways, each one looking the same as the last. The soft cream walls and the bright white lights were enough to start a headache.

As if that wasn't enough of a problem, I somehow managed to lose Gon and Killua. So now, two hyper kids were loose in a giant airship. Off exploring or whatever they said they were gonna do.

However, I did have the displeasure of seeing Tonpa. He was sneaking down a hallway and peaked into a room with an evil look in his eye. I snuck up behind him to peek into the room as well, which was just full of other applicants sleeping. Tonpa was staring intently at Leorio and Kurapika.

"You thinking of crushing them too?" I scared Tonpa.

He practically jumped ten feet in the air and slammed the door shut. "W-What do you..?" Tonpa asked nervously, still keeping up the nice guy act.