Chapter 2

She wasn't a fan of Mondays, especially when she was up half the night doing a stupid paper she had forgotten about until midnight.

"Come on, new kid. Say something!" A voice yelled, Lauren knew it was Jackson, and then there was a slam of what sounded like books hitting the floor. "Well?"

Lauren frowned because she only knew of one new kid that was starting today. Lauren pushed her was through the crowed and sure enough there was Camila knelt on the floor picking up her books.

"Hey, jackass," Lauren snapped, shoving Jackson roughly on the shoulders making him stumbled backwards. "Get the fuck out of here before I tell everyone just where you spent the summer, alright!"

Jackson mumbled something under his breath but turned and left along with his friends.

Lauren knelt down next to Camila, listening to just how fast and shallow the girls breathing had become, Lauren knew a panic attack when she saw one. She quickly picked up Camila's books and held onto her arm. "Come on, we need to get you away from here."

Lauren stood up and Camila followed suit, allowing Lauren to guide her through the hallways and into an abandoned bathroom.

"Hey, sweetheart, you've got to breathe." Lauren said but Camila didn't seem to be listening as she was still huffing out short breaths.

Lauren lightly grabbed onto Camila's cheeks, pulling her face up to look at her and looking straight into Camila's tear soaked eyes. "Listen, you have to breathe, ok? Just copy me." Lauren breathed a little more deeply than usually and Camila's bottom lip trembled as she tried to get her breathing back on track. "That's it. You're ok, I'm not gonna let them do that to you again."

Camila took a few more calm breaths making Lauren smile, "There you go, you alright?"

Camila nodded, her eyes moving from Lauren's to the ground. "Thank you."

"It's ok. I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's not your fault." Camila mumbled.

"You're in my next class," Lauren pointed out, looking down at Camila's time table. "You up for going or do you want me to drive you home?"

"No, I'm fine." Camila said.

"You sure? I don't mind taking you home."

"I'm alright." Camila answered shortly, "besides, I have my own car."

Lauren nodded, "Ok, let's go to biology then."

Camila nodded, taking her things from Lauren and following her out of the bathroom.

"Ah, girls. Nice of you to join us."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I walked into an open locker and Camila was helping me." Lauren answered, sitting at the empty desk up the back with Camila.

Lauren leant back lazily in her seat, drawing random patterns on her book.

Her eyes moved from her own book to Camila's, watching as she scribbled down whatever the teacher was going on about, her eyes then travels to Camila's wrist that was showing bellow the sleeve on her sweater. She felt her stomach tighten at the sight of the darker lines of skin that were streaked across her wrist.

Lauren was jerked out I her thoughts when Camila yanked down her sleeve. Lauren looked over at the girl who was already staring her but looked down almost ashamed when Lauren looked at her.

Lauren wanted to tell her it was fine, that she didn't think any less of her but she knew Camila wouldn't want to attention if they were caught talking so instead, she reached across and took a hold of Camila's arm, surprisingly the girl letting her do so, and turned it over, lightly pulling up the sleeve.