Chapter 6

She really shouldn't be so nervous, this was Ally not Camila's dad.

But Ally was her best friend and, whether she went about it the right way or not, Ally cared about Camila a lot so this could potentially make their friendship rocky.

"You go get changed and I'll speak to Ally."

Camila nodded, heading into her room while Lauren headed into Ally's.

"Ally?" Lauren opened the door and Ally looked at her through her mirror as she applied her make up.

"Hey, thank you for looking after her. Is she ok?"

"Yeah, she's fine. She just said she needed to take a breather for a bit." Lauren said, walking into the room and sitting on the bed. "I actually wanted to talk to you about her."

"What's up?"

"Well, I kind of asked her out on Saturday and she said yes but I wanted to make sure that that was ok with you?"

"Why do you wanna take her out?" Ally asked, turning to look at Lauren.

"Because I like her, Ally." Lauren said, sitting on the edge of the bed to get closer to Ally. "I like her a lot. I just want her to be happy and I think that I could maybe make her happy."

"Why are you asking for my permission? You can do what you want."

"But you're my best friend and I don't wanna jeopardize our friendship."

"You won't, idiot. She seemed happy-ish around you so of course I don't mind."

"Really?" Lauren smiled, jumping to her feet and wrapping her arms around Ally when the smaller girl nodded. "Yes! Thank you."

"Get off me goofball, I have to finished getting dressed!"

"I love you!" Lauren grinned, pushing Ally to sit down before turning and heading towards the door.

"Just be careful. For both of your sakes."

"I will be." Lauren assured, leaving the room and lightly knocking on Camila's door.

"Come in." Lauren slid into the room, smiling at Camila who was just tying up her hair.

"How'd it go?"

"Good." Lauren smiled, looking around the room, among when she noticed the snitch placed towards the front of her shelf.

"It's one of my favorite things I own."

"Yeah?" Lauren asked, turning to look at Camila who nodded.

"Not because you gave me it, right enough."

"Ah, no. Of course not." Lauren rolled her eyes and Camila grinned. "You ready for school, dumbass?"

Camila nodded, taking a hold of Lauren's outstretched and leaving the room.

"Ally, you driving to school with us?" Lauren called and Ally poked her head out her room.

"Nah, I gotta pick Dinah and Normani up."

Lauren nodded, "See you at school."

"She seems fine."

"I told you she was." Lauren smiled, opening the door to her car for Camila to get in before heading round to the driver's side.

-----

"It's seven am on a Saturday. What the hell are you doing here?" Ally grumbled, glaring over at Lauren who was sitting at the bottom of her bed.

"I'm waiting on Camz to get ready so I thought I'd come and see my best friend."

Ally groaned, falling back onto her pillow and covering her face with her arm. "Where are you taking her?"