Season 1 episode 1. Days gone by.

If I ever say coke I mean Cole my auto correct hates me lol. Also sorry for bad grammar! Lysm! <3

Atlanta was a horrible place to start off in the apocalypse, the city's overrun with walkers. I remember with this shit show started, it was a blood bath. My dad was sick in his room with my mom, me and Cole were asleep in our shared room. We woke up to the sound of banging downstairs, we both got up. Our parents were stupid but smart enough to buy us swords and sword lessons, we already knew how to shoot guns and arrows because we've been hunting before. Mom got us sword lessons in case if we ever needed to go into battle with each other, it started as a joke but now I realized. Her dreams were real, she saw the future and prepared us for it. Dad had been bit by a weird old guy a few days ago on his shoulder and fell sick. Mom locked him in his room and started boarding up the windows and the front door, it scared me and I thought she was going crazy with all the news about the dead coming to life. I went into the basement and grabbed all the ammo, I left the crate of emergency ammo down there in case someone else needed it. I grabbed two shotguns a machete, all the canned food and bottled water. I grabbed the medical supplies and my grandpas duel pistols, my grandmas sword 'rip grandma, I'll never forget your sweet smile and I'll keep your legacy going. Love ya' I thought as I put everything into a duffel bag. I went back up into my room and packed some clothes, comfortable yet easily able to move around quickly and lightly. Cole grabbed all of his leather clothes and packed those "the walkers can't chew through leather, we'll be fine." He said grabbing his lightest and breathable clothes and packing them. Cole then went into the kitchen. I opened my closet and grabbed my bow I used to use when we went hunting out in the country then my combat knifes only 4 of em and my single pistols. I grabbed my shoes and put them on, the walkers were spreading everywhere and we were ready to be on the love "all packed guys?" My mom asked "yes ma!" Me and Cole said at the same time "good boys" my heart felt warm whenever someone told me I was doing good or a good job. Cole smiled when he saw me wide eyes and smiling widely "someone's gonna chase that feeling forever" cole chuckled as my mom smiled softly. I went back upstairs and grabbed all the silencers "we don't know if their attracted by sound so we best move quietly" I suggested "your right, good boy" Cole said in those dog owner voice "how dare you." I narrowed my eyes at him. I scoffed and grabbed my leather gloves "good thinking, incase we gotta use hand to hand combat or climb rocks we oughta use these" Cole smiled with a hint of sadness in his voice. I didn't mind it, we're leaving our childhood home.

I woke up to Carl shaking me slightly "nooo" I whispered pushing his hand away softly "Come onn" Carl said imitating my voice, I chuckled and opened my eyes "woah! Too close!" I shouted sitting up and backing away a bit wide eyed with heat rushing to my face. Carl laughed and backed away from my makeshift bed "sorry couldn't help myself, I like seeing your face all red" he smiled. I rolled my eyes "why'd you wake me up?" I asked "because it's day time and you should be awake" he smiled "you know I do night watch, right?" His eyes widened "you're too young to" he crossed his arms "never too young" I stood up our chests were barley touching each other "don't you have something to do?" I asked Carl thought for a moment before his eyes went wide again "right!" He shouted before running out. I changed my clothes and put on my mask before fixing my hair "you'll never get rid of moms mask, will you?" Cole asked from the entrance of our tent "yeah, this and grandmas swords. Their legacy's will live on." I smiled softly looking down at the duel swords "you know, I never took you as a swordsman when we were younger. Just never saw you holding swords and slicing walker heads" Carl said sitting on his bed "none of us saw each other shooting or slicing walkers in the future besides mom, plus I never took you as the type to use duel pistols." I joked "yeah, at least we both use shotguns" Cole "barley." I retorted as I put on my shoes "why are you one of the most armed people?" Cole asked "I don't want to lose anyone else." I said glaring at coke "right, right. I'm gonna go hang out with Dale and Amy." Cole said before walking over to his girlfriend. I grabbed my duffel bag and put it in my bed I looked at all of my weapons that were sprawled out on the floor. I sighed as I grabbed the sheathed swords and put them on my belt I grabbed one of my knifes and put it in my boot then put the other three in my pockets, I grabbed a pistol and put it in its holder. I buckled to holder so the pistol wouldn't fall out before I walked outside. I walked to Carol "hey carol" I spoke up before turning to her daughter "hey Sophie" she giggled at the nickname "hey y/n" she practically sang out "you guys okay? Nothing bit or hurt ya right?" I asked "no, we have people protecting us like you. You're always ready" she smiled brightly "we're fine, thanks y/n" carol said with a soft smile. Ed looked at me and grabbed my shoulder pulled me back a bit "you hitting on my daughter?" Ed asked threatening "no sir, the only person who does that to your family is in fact you" I smiled innocently "you little-" before he could hit me Shane spoke up "Ed! Hands off the boy, he's just doing daily checkups!" Shane shouted. Ed grumbled and sat down on his shitty log chair, I walked to Amy "anyone hurt today?" I asked looking inside of the RV "no one today little man" Amy ruffled up my hair causing me to giggle and push her hand away "hey! Don't push her hand away!" Suddenly I was trapped in my brothers arms as he messed up my hair, I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to push him off "alright alright, let the boy breath guys" Dale said chuckling as Cole laughed "my savior!" I hugged dale as soon as Cole let me go. Dale continued to laugh and pat my back before we pulled away. I walked out and walked to Lori "hey Lori. any pains, cramps, scratches, irritation, anything of discomfort?" I asked "not today little man, thanks for checking up though" she smiled and patted my head "anytime Mrs. Grimes" I smiled and walked to Shane "nothing today buddy" he said before I could ask "alright, tell me if your hurt though!" I shouted before walking to Carl "hey Car" he laughed at the name "carl?" He asked confused "of course, your fast and you can go a long time without needing to rest" I shrugged.

"Hello can you hear my voice?"
"Hello. Hello. Can anybody hear my voice?"

I gasped as dark got up from his seat we both ran to the radio. Amy ran and grabbed the mic "hey. Hello?" She called out

"Can you hear my voice?" The man asked "yes I can hear you. You're coming through clearly, over." A slight panic rushed over me but excitement as Amy replied to the man "if anybody reads, please respond." I gasped "he's too far away, he can't hear us! The static means he's far away" I muttered. Amy looked at Dale then back to the mic "broadcasting on emergency channel will be approaching Atlanta on highway 85." He says "no! That's a death wish! Did he just wake up yesterday?" I asked frustrated "if anybody reads, please respond." There was static after. Amy tried to communicate again "we're just outside the city.." static "damn it." Me and Amy say in unison "hello? Hello?" Amy calls out into the mic but there was no response from the mystery man. Amy sighs "he couldn't hear me and I couldn't warn him" Amy says a little panicked "try to reach him again" Dale said "come on son, you know best how to work this thing" Dale says again. I take the mic "sir your going straight to death row don't go into Atlanta! Please!" I pleaded but Shane took the mic from me and slashes the axe into the wood.

He picks it up "hello hello, is the person who called still on the air?" Shane asks "he's too far away guys, he can't hear us" I said but they ignored me as the static went off again "this is Officer Shane Walsh broadcasting to person unknown please respond." Shane says through the mic "what if the same thing is happening to another group? We're broadcasting but they're trying to get to us too" I said but someone pushed my shoulder lightly "just a theory, might not even be happening" Cole said patting my shoulder. Carl tilted his head as his mom put her hand on her hip "he's gone." Shane said and I sighed "he's dead." Amy looked at me "no he's not, he was just talking to us" Amy retorted "well he's going into Atlanta as if he hasn't heard the news about it being overrun with walkers, he's a dead man." I said shrugging "there're others, not just us" Lori said trying to bring hope to us "we knew there would be, right? That's why we left the c.b. on." Shane said before Lori retorted "a lot of good it's been doing." Shane nodded "okay" he muttered "and I've been saying for a week we ought to put signs up on 85 to warn people away from the city." Lori said before Amy butted in "folks got no idea what they're getting into." Shane started to stand up "well, we haven't had the time" he walked away "I do." I whispered "I think we need to make time" Lori said ignoring me "plus y/n your too young." She said turning to me "I can take care of myself, I've been taking care of myself for the past few months. I've hunted, helped you guys with wounds and pain, I even killed 30 walkers this past week" I listed "yeah but that's not a luxury we can afford Lori, making time?" Shane said stroking his chin "he are surviving here day to day" he said putting his hands on his hips "and how the hell would you propose we send?" Dale asked "I'll go, give me a vehicle." Lori said but I shook my head "no, Carl's already lost his dad. He can't lose his mom too. Give me a vehicle I can go, we all know it." I said full of confidence "and your too young. Give it to me." Lori said "nobody goes anywhere alone, you both know that." Shane said scratching the back of his head.

Shane looked at the ground then back at the two of us. Lori nodded "yes sir." Carl followed Lori as she walked away but was stopped by Shane. Amy started to stand up but Shane's hand was out of her shoulder stopping her "hey hey hey, go on. Take a seat bud. You're all right. Go on, you're alright." Shane said before following Lori into the woods. I walked with Carl and sat beside him "your moms pissed at Shane" I chuckled before I felt Carl elbow me on my arm "they're gonna be fine Car, plus if anything happens anytime I'm right here. For you" I poked his chest with my finger as I pointed at him. He laughed a bit and pushed my finger away "I'm gonna go check on my mom" he said as he stood up "alright be safe car." He nodded and walked off towards the tents.