Season 1 episode 3 Tell it to the frogs.

I took a nap with no worries about the group who got out alive but dreamland had other plans.

Everything was going bad, there were walkers everywhere "y/n my sweet baby you know what to do, right?" My mom asked grabbing my cheeks and forcing me to look at her "yes mama" I smiled "good good. Now y/n-" the window broke and they started trying to get the table off of the wall "remember what you dad taught you!" She put me in the backseat as my brother got in the front seat "mom?" I called out. as I reached for the handle my brother locked the doors "moms not coming y/n." I gasped and started banging on the window "mom!" I shouted she turned to me and put her hand on the window where I was banging on "I love you sweetie, remember all that we've taught you." She said before turning to Cole "keep him safe!" She shouted and Cole nodded "MOM NO!" I screamed as she opened the garage door. Cole instantly hit the gas and we sped away, the last I ever saw of my mom was her waving to me and standing as the walkers jumped onto her.

I woke up to the sounds of people chattering. I got up wiped my face and grabbed my pistol, knife, and bag. I hadn't realized I was in my tent. As soon as I got out I saw Carl talking to Shane and Lori, I rolled my eyes and went out into the woods. I spotted a rabbit so I killed it surprisingly it didn't hear me, along the way back I caught a few squirrels and a bird that was sitting on a branch. As soon as I got back I saw everyone was silent, it was awkward. I walked to the campfire and cut open the dead animals "wow y/n, looks like you had some fun" Cole said sitting beside me "you can't have fun when it's the end of the world." I replied getting a stick and sticking the meat on it and putting it over the fire "the end of the world huh? That's deep-" I cut him off "we left mom to die. The world has broken out due to a stupid virus. The CDC is probably gonna crumble soon with how long this shit is going there's no cure." I said repeating my actions with the other meat "listen y/n, this isn't the world. We all can make a new world for all of us-" I cut him off once more "you don't get it Cole. this is the new world and it's for the dead." I stood up and walked to Lori.

After a bit of talking with Lori we heard a car alarm "who's that?" I asked "a car alarm" I glared at Lori "I said who not what, obviously it's a car alarm" I rolled my eyes "huh, maybe you just don't talk clearly you little stink" she patted my head "maybe" I mimicked as a red cat pulled up "turn that thing off!" Shane shouted "I don't know how to!" Glenn said getting out of the car "where's my sister? Why isn't she with you?" Amy asked Glenn annoyingly "what? She's fine-" "pop the hood!" Shane cut Glenn off "Amy! Back away from Glenn he already said your sisters fine, their on their way. Shane don't fucking shout at Glenn, at this point your as loud as the car." I said as the blaring alarm finally stopped "don't cuss at me." He said "then don't cuss at Glenn." I said glaring at him "how did you guys get out anyway?" Shane asked turning away from me. I looked at the others confused "New guy, he got us out" Glenn said "new guy?" Shane asked "yeah, crazy vato just got into town, hey helicopter boy! Come say hello!" Suddenly a guy came from the truck. He closed the door. wearing a police uniform, everyone stopped and it was quiet. The man pointed at Carl and Lori but his hands came down to his sides "oh my god" he whispered "Dad! DADD!" Carl shouted and ran to him, I watched their moment before I stared at Shane 'Shane's jealous.' I thought before turning back to the two- three who were hugging 'why can't Carl hug me like that?' I thought before I felt a hand on my shoulder "I guess Shane's not the only jealous one?" Cole asked "I'm never jealous." I responded before heading back to the food and turned them over.

Time skip

"It may be luck or coincidence that brought carls family back together after the shit show but I'm glad it happened" I muttered "me too bud, Carl has never been so happy" Cole replied. Rick spoke up "Disoriented, fear, confusion. All of those things but.. disoriented comes closest" thunder erupted from the sky "words can be meager things. Sometimes they fall short." I nodded "I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else." Rick said 'damn.. I mean he was in a coma wasn't he? I wonder what was going through his head suddenly waking up in a world he doesn't remember being like this' I thought "for a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from ever." I looked at Rick 'he thought this was a dream? Poor guy' suddenly Carl broke the silence "Mom said you died." He said shortly and Rick nodded slightly "she had every reason to believe that, don't you ever doubt it." Rick said caressing carls face slightly "when things started to get back they told me at the hospital that they were gonna Medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, but it never happened." Shane stared at the two while I stared at Carl.