Season 1 episode 5 Wildfire

We lost people, a shit ton of them. Most of them hit hard because I was so close to nearly everyone. Andrea was hit the hardest, her sister, the last one she had beside Dale, she died the night before her birthday and will be buried on her birthday.

Daryl was making sure the dead were actually dead, alongside me. Andrea was beside Amy all night, I'm unsure of how Carl is I haven't seen him since last night.

(Cue the awesome ass intro here 😎)

I walked to my tent to find Cole, he was on his bed

Dead.

I walked over only for him to grab my arm, I let out a scream as he climbed on top of me. Tears came welling up again "please Cole, I don't wanna lose you too. I know I haven't been the best little brother but I'm trying. Things aren't the same and- and I know that but I still need you. I need you.. please." The tears fell as I continued to push him off. He continued to growl and try to bite me "Daryle help!" I shouted as his jaws got close to my cheek, a gunshot was heard. I push my now fully dead brother and ran out of the tent and hugged my savior, I let go and saw who it was. He had tears in his eyes "I heard what you said. Y/n." He started before kneeling down and grabbing my shoulders "don't you ever say that again! Your a great brother! Daryl will do his job for him, me and him will take care of you y/n." He took a deep breath in and hugged me tightly "never forget that." He said running his hands through my hair as he cried "Glenn, I'm scared.. I don't wanna lose anyone else" I said clutching onto his shirt "we won't l/n, we'll still have each other." He responded I looked up at him "always?" I asked "and forever" he finished with a smile, I smiled back.

(So.. that was a fucking lie)

I took his watch an the weapons then the ammo, I grabbed the batteries and flashlight from his bag and put them in mine. I grabbed everything and anything useful for now and the future "sleep well, brother." I took a final glance at his lifeless body before walking back out of my tent. Glenn had his hand outstretched to me, I took it and we walked to the others together.

Once we reached the others I heard "a walker bit Jim." I looked at Jim "I'm okay, I'm okay" Jim said whilst backing up "show it to us." Daryl said walking towards him "show it to us." He repeated, he turned around and grabbed a shovel "grab him!" Daryl shouted "easy Jim!" Shane shouted "Jim! Put it down, put it down!" Shane said pointing to Jim's newfound weapon. Tdog came up behind him and held him "I'm okay! I'm okay." Jim said repeatedly, Daryl lifted up his shirt. We all saw the bite mark, left side of his stomach right below the rib cage. Glenn covered my eyes "it's not like I haven't seen it before, I feel like you should cover your own eyes" I laughed and he put his hands away. The boys let Jim go and backed away as Jim repeated "I'm okay" and panted.

Everyone looked at each other "I saw we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's then be done with it." Daryl said "is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane asked "yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it" Daryl replied "I hate to say it- I never thought I would- but maybe Daryl's right" Dale said "yeah, I only kill the dead to give them rest. I don't want the people coming back as monsters, they never wanted to be like that." I said before Rick spoke "Jim's not a monster Dale, or some rabid dog." "I'm not suggesting-" "he's sick, he's a sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick cut Dale off "the lines pretty clear, zero tolerance for walkers. Or them to be" Daryl replied "what if we can get him help?" Rick asked. I looked at Rick "Rick." I started "look at where the bite mark it, the attack happened last night. The infection is already through 70% of his body, even if we tried to save Jim we can't. If the bite mark was on his leg, arm, foot, hand, anything like that we'd be able to cut it off and save the infection from spreading any further. It's on his stomach Rick, it's so close to his heart too. Imagine how fast the infection is already going due to that advantage." I said pointing at Jim "I heard the C.D.C. Was working on a cure." Rick said "we heard that too, heard a lot of things before the world went to hell" Shane said and I nodded "what if the c.d.c. Is still up and running?" Rick asked "that's a stretch right there." Shane pointed out "why?" Rick asked "if there's any government left, any structure at all, they protect the c.d.c. At all costs. Wouldn't they?" Rick said "I think it's our best shot." He added looking around "shelter, protection, rescue-" Shane cut him off from listing "okay Rick. you want this things, all right? I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base. Fort-Benning" Shane said "that's 100 miles in the opposite direction." Lori said "that is right but it's away from the hot zone. Now listen to me, if that place is operational. It'll be heavily armed we'd be safe there." Shane said "the military were on the front lines of this thing, they got overrun we've all seen that. The c.d.c. Is our best choice and Jim's only chance." Rick said, I looked at Jim "I'm voting on cdc. I don't wanna lose Jim, he's a good guy. He just.." Rick put his arm on my shoulder "needs the cure so he can continue helping others, he lost his family. He was scared. He needs a do-over" Rick said "you go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do." Daryl took some steps back "someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!" Daryl shouted reading his pickaxe at Jim but Rick put his gun to Daryl's head "hey hey hey!" Rick shouted. My eyes widened before I covered them, I closed my eyes and listened "we don't kill the living." Rick said "that's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head" Daryl retorted "we may disagree on somethings, but not on this. Put it down. Go on." Shane said looking at Daryl. I uncovered my eyes to see Daryl throwing the pickaxe down and storming away. I sighed in relief "this is the world now.." I muttered "it's best to get used to it" a familiar voice said, I looked into the woods to see Cole. I nodded as a few tears slipped past my eyes "don't go soft on me buddy, your okay." Hearing his voice made me smile "hey, what're you looking at?" Glenn asked putting his hand on top of my head "I- uh- squirrels?" I said trying to look for the most logical thing around "your crying, about squirrels?" He asked with a smile "I- uh- yes! Nature is a beautiful thing!" I said "but we just lost people?" He said unsure "natural selection took its toll." I said simply "huh.. look at how mature you are for your age" Glenn said before ruffling my hair "your like.. a miniature adult, you've grown so much since the first time you came here. You were crying and didn't talk to anyone, your eye-bags and pale skin tone is still there but your different. Everyone would be so proud to see who you've grown to be" he said as he crouched down to my height "I- I'm here if you wanna talk little man" I smiled "as am I" he smiled back "let's go help the others" I nodded and followed him.