Chapter 1: Gods turn human

While I was editing this chapter, I thought of a song. It is called Human by Rag'n'Bone man. You can go on Youtube or any music sites to listen to it.

      On top of white fluffy clouds were the were the houses that celestial dragons have lived on for decades, centuries even. These clouds were soft enough to let a young celestial named Rosinante jump around recklessly. No sun was shown, no sunsets was visible, nor was there a moon in the sights of the gods. For some reason, Rosinante and his fellow gods could always tell what time of day it was without looking at a clock. 

      Although he had been wearing it his whole life, Rosinante hated the outfit he wore. He was taught that a child of a god must wear what their parents tell them to, and of course he did. A child of a god is half a god, and half a god is still a god. Half gods must obey full fledged gods. Only when a half god is ready, may themself become a fully fledged god. He would not dare admit it, but he thought that law was complete bullshit; it made him sick to the stomach.

      It only ever made sense to Doflamingo, but never did to Rosinante. Since they are brothers, Rosinante and Doflamingo were expected to be similar, but they had much less in common than what they actually had in common. Rosinante was clumsy (much to his own disadvantage), he was gentle, and what you could say, kind; his older brother was elegant, rough, and nasty. 

     Lets just say that Doflamingo was the kind of guy to kill a person without flinching while Rosinante was the complete opposite. Doflamingo made the slaves do everything for him, he would torment them too, but Rosinante never understood why there even were slaves.

     Slaves were inferiors his family and fellow gods viewed and had as servants. As soon as he knew what slaves were, he had felt a weight in his chest that he could never identify. It did not feel anywhere close to great, it had felt absolutely horrible. The same feeling would always return when he even looked at a slave. It felt the worst when a slave was being tormented tortured, or was crying, or when he hears his peers talk shit about how the slaves complain about everything and that their whining was annoying.

     Rosinante had to admit the whining of the slaves annoyed him as well, but he could also understand why they were like that. If that was him, he would do nothing different. He never whipped a slave, spat out insults, nor did he torment them, he barely even asked a slave for help. 

     Doflamingo was a mistake to the celestials, having heterochromia which is why he became so bitter and eager to please the higher gods. Doflamingo had two different eye colors for a reason that Rosinante never bothered to try to figure out. Rosinante loved his brothers blue eye and also his red eye, even if they were covered by sunglasses that their superiors told him to wear and never take off.

      He never told anyone about the feeling in his chest or the fact that he hates treating slaves as if they're lower than him. That may be because he was scared that they would call him a mistake or a freak or even a loser. He has never been allowed to hold a gun because he was too clumsy for it. Besides, he did not want to handle one anyway. They were weapons that he never wants to use.

      Rosinante leaped with a giggle and as he stomped his leg ran through a bush made of clouds.  He then heard a snap! and he felt a pain he has not felt before rush through his entire ankle. "Mama!" He cried out.

       "What?!" His mom yelled from their house, she sounded as if she was frustrated or annoyed. "My ankle!" He cried out again. His mother didn't come out herself, she had sent a slave.

       The slave she had sent out was a guy with brown hair and he wore a dirty torn up shirt and shorts. He wore no shoes and had a chain around his neck and legs. A scar had been burned into his back, forever reminding him that he was a slave. His blue eyes was filled with no emotion whatsoever as he walked to the weeping child. He grumbled and murmured to himself as he grabbed him by the armpits and lifted him into the air.