Chapter 2: Haunting death

Living in a normal, or rather human, house was not all that bad; not for Rosinante at least. They wore cheap clothes that were only comfortable for Rosinante; ate no feasts and more of the food that were cooked by themselves; and they did not have any slaves. His family may hate how they live, but Rosinante was not complaining.

       His family gave him occasional glares and such, but Doflamingo still spent brotherly time with him. Whenever they talk and spend time with each other, Doflamingo does not mention nor complain of how they were living. He merely plays with Rosinante and share normal chats with him. Although Rosinante does not mind his brothers actions, he still wonders if his older brother was not telling him what was actually going through his head.

       As Rosinante was walking through the streets in a crowd of people minding their own business, he noticed children and infants crying; parents were either trying to calm them down or get groceries and what they need from stores and markets. He noticed that no one had slaves, which he had expected to find but was not yet used to. He was happy about it too, of course.

"Celestials are coming? Is it to get more slaves?"

"I don't know, but prepare for the worst." 

       Rosinante heard conversations similar to or exactly like that all over the town. He didn't know Celestial dragons were so well known, but he was not too surprised since they were considered gods. The town seemed scared of them as well. Was these Celestials they were talking about coming to this town to get slaves? If so, will this action let Rosinante see how getting slaves is done?

       Rosinante couldn't help but wonder if the actions of his superiors would make such a big impact on his life. Sure, Rosinante was referring to the slave organization, but he also should have wondered about the decision of making such a rule that led to Rosinante and his family getting kicked out. His superiors were cruel to every person beneath them, but his family was one of the families that were treated with less cruelty. 

       Rosinante did not consider the people of this town as inferior, human, nor did he think of them as slaves, but he thought of them as civilians. He did not consider 'civilians' as any servant or slave, he considered them as normal people who are trying to and wanting to live. Right now, he thought himself as a civilian; his family too, but his family doesn't see eye to eye with him; they did not even know he felt that way. They wish that they still were gods. That everyone that doesn't share blood with them are the same way. His family were taught to believe that, and that is why he feels no hatred towards the way they think, nor to them; however, he doesn't know why he feels that way; he does not even understand where the feelings he had came from. Since he was raised the same as them, he questions his entire existence.  

       His family still had enough money to make a living. When they left, they had a chest full of money and gold which he somehow got stuck in several times. The money was enough to buy themselves a house and enough food to last them weeks, but his parents are going to have to get a job to keep the house and get food when the gold in that chest is gone. Rosinante was tasked to get food from the markets, then he had to cook enough food for himself and his family. At first his cooking was horrible, according to his family, but after a few months they stopped complaining. He read books on how to cook and had secretly been taught by a cook in town, (Rosinante ended up hurting himself a bunch of times) whom had died not too long ago. It left Rosinante depressed, but he somehow seemed to hide his depressed state from his family. 

       His brother was tasked to do chores (along with their mother) around the house while his father worked as a janitor at the hospital. (Believe it or not, he gets paid very well for it, but not nearly as much as the doctors.)