- 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘 -

- Billy Hargrove -

Ever since Katherine confessed her heart out to me, I have been coming over every once in a while after school for an hour or two before work. Some days I work later than others, so I take that time to go and see James. Okay, and maybe Katherine a little, too.

Everything seems to go back to how it was before I knew James was my son. Although, now it is better, since I know. We almost seem like a family, laying on the couch all snuggled together watching James's cartoons. Katherine lays in my left arm while James lays in my right, and my legs are kicked out onto the ottoman. My mind wanders off, and I think of what it would be like if we were a real family. Happiness fills me at the thought, and a smile crosses my lips.

"What are you thinking about?" Katherine asks me.

"Nothing important," I shrug off.

"Shhh!" James hushes us, but his mischievous smile says that he like we're talking. He seems happier with me over more and with Katherine and I talking again. She and I laugh at James and his cuteness.

"I'm going to get a drink," she says as she gets up from my side. "Do you want anything?" I shake my head as a 'no', and she turns to go to the kitchen. I watch her ass sway in her jeans as she makes her way to the fridge. Katherine is one gorgeous woman, but I need to lay off her as much as I can. I just forgave her. I don't need to be crawling my way back into her pants.

🌊🌊🌊

After work, I couldn't help but feel stressed out and completely pissed off at my boss, who had his panties in a twist and bitched at me all day long. I make the decision to go straight to Katherine's house, not needing the pain of Neil's fist tonight. I grab the key out of my back pocket that Katherine gave me, since I am over a lot and she said I should have one. I turn the key at the lock, entering the house and locking it again behind me. I pass James's room, where I hear his loud snores from outside the door. I make my way to Katherine's room, knocking lightly. She comes to open it, a confused expression on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, her voice sounding annoyed but her smile telling me otherwise.

"Stressful day," I shrug. "Can I come in?"

She opens the door wider for me, and I walk in to her dimly lit room. I go to hop on her bed, but she stops me. "You're all greasy," she cringes. I peel my shirt off quickly, and she shouts at me. "I didn't mean to strip!" She scolds me, holding her palms out to block me from her view.

"What?" I ask with a smirk. "It's not like you haven't seen me naked before," I comment, winking at her. A faint blush comes across her cheeks, making me chuckle. I slide off my jeans and shoes, leaving me in my boxers as I climb into her bed. I let out a groan at the comfort of her soft, silky bedsheets. She watches me lay there, and I tap the spot next to me where she usually sleeps. She crawls in next to me, and I notice she is already in her long shirt and no shorts. She lays right next to me, laying her head on my arm as she breathes lightly.

I breathe in the sweet scent of her hair, which lays across the pillow, and the stress from work today just washes away. We don't talk, but instead relish in the tranquility that we feel in each other's company. I hear her breathes even out, and I reach to turn her lamp off. I sleep peacefully in her bed, better than I ever do in my own.

-------

apologies for the super short chapter. just a nice and cute filler one :)

love you all, thank you for reading!!

-Liz <3