Prologue

"Akansha... Get ready in an hour, I'll be picking you up today", her friend Richa said as soon as she took the call, before she could respond, her friend hung up making Akansha chuckle...

"Is it Richa aunty ??", she heard her 5-year-old's sweet tone... 

"Yes baby, let's get you ready, you know how punctual your Richa aunty is...", She said taking her daughter into the washroom and running her a bath...

"Mumma, Am I looking pretty (Pretty) ??", her daughter asked looking at her the same way, her father used to look at her, before he changed into an all different man in a single day... No, Don't go there Akansha... she chided herself...

"Yes baby, you are the prettiest... Do well...", she said kissing her daughter's cheek...

The mother-daughter got ready, and in an hour, her friend picked them up and dropped them at school...

***********************

"Miss. Akansha... You know what ??", her colleague squealed bursting inside the staff room...

 "What is it Miss. Rathi ??", Akansha asked in her usual stern voice, her soft side is only for her daughter, her little students, and her bestie, she is done with people using her kindness for their selfishness...

The excited teacher ignored her tone and started telling what she thought would excite Akansha but she got furious instead...

"The Chief Minister, lifted your daughter in his arms, appreciating her for her performance, he made her sit beside him now, can you believe it ??", Rathi screamed in excitement expecting a wide smile if not excitement from Akansha considering how cold she is... 

"WHAT ??, I told you my daughter won't be participating today, who the hell let her ?? BRING HER TO ME RIGHT NOW", Akansha screamed in fury... 

No way in the hell is she letting that man touch her daughter... No, he shouldn't know about her daughter, no, she promised herself, that she would keep her daughter away from that man... She hyperventilated, Rathi moved forward to tend to Akansha but she gave her a stern look before urging her to bring her daughter to her ASAP. 

She knew HE is the chief guest of the annual day function, and that's the reason she decided to stay away from the organizing team and the function. That is why she also didn't let her daughter participate in the function as well. 

Rathi seeing her madness, sprinted out to bring the kid, about whom her colleague was screaming like a crazy bull... 

"What's wrong, where are you going ??", Rathi's colleague asked when she moved to the Chief Minister who was enjoying the performances of the little kids along with the kids who were sitting beside him, among whom, one was Akansha's daughter Siya.

"To take Siya to her mother", Rathi said sighing deeply...

"What ?? But she is sitting with the chief minister, you can't just do that, that would be rude", their colleague, Shipra said

"I know, but that rude woman screamed at me, don't know what's her problem, looks like she hates the CM sir, the principal first offered the supervision of Annual Day to her, and she accepted the responsibility gladly but when she got to know that Mr. Shekhawat is the chief guest, she backed out, I didn't think much about it then, but now seeing her reaction I'm sure, she has some problem with CM sir", Rathi said

"What's there not to like about Mr. Shekhawat, he is kind, caring, and a wonderful leader, We are lucky to have him... Looks like she belongs to those crazy families who are still holding on to the opposition... huh, how can she dislike him yaar, look at his face, he is so handsome, even if he wasn't the best leader, I would still vote for him just looking at his handsome face...", Shipra said looking at Shaurya dreamily...