Prologue

Myra looked at her hands in her lap. 

"Look Myra, honey I feel Nevermore is the best place for you to hone your skills without sending someone to a hospital. "

" He was the one who attacked me and made me go into his mind, not my fault he didn't like what the horrors were." Myra responded, leaning back in her seat. Pandora Osborne raised her eyebrows.

"It really helped me control my powers when I went there. Surely it will help you and look on the bright side you finally get to socialize with people your age."

"Mom no offense I like being with my thoughts and books. I'll go only for being able to control my abilities, not because I wanna socialize. Do we have a deal?" She smiled.  

"Deal." 

They passed the gates of Nevermore. It was a large building, the clouds indicated it was going to rain later, which is always good. Both women got out of the car.

" Ah, you must be Myra Osborne."

 They were currently in Principal Weems office, the white hair woman smiled. It made Myra feel uncomfortable, she'd never been good around strangers, especially adults. She mumbled a quick hello, and pretty much zoned out the rest of the conversation in the room. 

Myra normally zoned out to the point where she would get stuck in her own mind. 

"Myra." Her name echoed through her mind, Myra looked up. Glancing between the two women. Weems looked shocked and Pandora looked concerned. Myra lifted a finger to her cheek looking at the black liquid softy dripping from her eyes. 

"Sorry." she muttered slightly embarrassed for her mother. Weems just smiled. 

"Myra, If you do not mind me asking what are your abilities?"

"Oh, well, I'm able to go into people's minds and bring out their worst nightmares, but only if I touch them sometimes it is by accident though. I'm also able to bend shadows."

 She stuck out her hand pointing to the desk. The shadow peeled off as though it were skin, morphing it into a plethora of shapes. She put her hand down and the shadow attached back to the desk as though nothing happened. She looked at Weems, the white haired woman looking shocked but smiling. It made the 16-year-old softly smile.

"You'll be fine there is nothing to worry about." Pandora and Myra were outside of the building.

"I'm surprised that you think I'm worried."

"Alright, just don't kill anyone Myra."

"I promise I wont kill anyone, cause property damage or traumatize people." She pledged. 

"Good." Pandora smiled at her daughter while ruffling her hair. 

"Well you best be off, Love you Pitch." Myra rolled her eyes, softly smiling. 

"You have called me that since I was seven."

"Yet you still love it."

"Yet I still love it." 

Myra gave Pandora a quick hug  before she got in the car. Myra watched  as her mother's car slowly drove out of view.