Fourteen

Hey Myra, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Rave'N with me

-Xavier 

"Oh no." Myra whispered.

"You have got to be shitting me" 

She looked over at Thing "Please tell me this is some kind of joke?!"

Thing signed no 

"Shit." Myra paced around the room  for a few minutes before she made a decision.

"I'm not leaving Eugene, I'm promised that I would do this with him and I am going to. Hopefully Xavier will understand when I explain everything to him once I get back."

She grabbed the last of her supplies before heading out, as she was about to cross the entreway she asked Thing if he wanted to come along with her. The hand happily obliged and crawled into her satchel. 

 She met Eugene at the bottom of the stairs where he was just finishing up talking to Wednesday and Tyler.

"Hi, I'm Myra, you must be Eugene it's nice to finally meet you." She stuck out her hand and he shook it.

"Hi Myra." 

"You ready to do this."

" A Hummer never shies away from danger."

"That's a good moto."

"Thank you."

They had been looking through the forest for over an hour when they finally found the cave. Myra's flashlight traveled from the drawing that Wednesday had given her to the cave in front of her. 

Eugene spoke into his tape recorder, "Eugene Ottinger. 2100 hours. No movement at the cave. No sign of the target."

Myra looked over at him, then at the cave, something felt off.

"I just heard a rare club-horned grasshopper." 

Noticing that nothing was happening,  Myra decided to ask Eugene some questions about different insects.

About an hour later a car pulled up near the cave. Eugene started speaking into his mic,

"Eugene Ottinger. 2242 hours. Potential suspect has arrived at location." 

Someone was walking towards the entrance of the cave, and they began to light a fire.

"Oh my god." Eugene  and Myra said.

The mysterious person pointed their flashlight towards the two teens, at that moment the entrance to the cave blew up. Both of them immediately started to run.

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, we need to find Wednesday." Myra said.

The two eventually stopped running and leaned against a tree to catch their breath. After a few minutes, there was the sound something snarling nearby.

Myra looked at Eugene wide eyed, "Run now!"

The two immediately began running as fast as they could. Myra could hear the creature coming closer, Eugene kept turning his head back to see if it was near. 

"Don't look back." She said.

At that moment Eugene fell over and his glasses were knocked from his head.

"Eugene!" Myra immediately kelt down and helped the boy find his glasses and made sure that he was unscathed.

At that moment the monster attacked them, Myra tried to get in front of Eugene but she was too slow, his chest was slashed blood spilling everywhere. 

"Eugene!" Myra screamed.

She rounded on the monster, using the shadows from the trees to tie down and choke it. 

After a few minutes she let go, the creature ran back into the woods. 

Myra heard someone call near name before darkness enveloped her vision.

Hey everyone I sincerely apologize for being gone for months on end, I was felling very burnt out and had no motivation to continue writing this story but I finally found some inspiration and I am going to try  and publish more often. Again I sincerely apologize for my absence. I hope y'all have an amazing day. 

See you soon, 

Moony