Eleven

It was late at night Wednesday had run off somewhere with Thing, Enid was asleep and Myra had been tossing and turning all night. Finally after about 30 minutes, she opened her phone and checked the time, 4:39 a.m. She had gotten two pounding headaches since waking up at 1:23 a.m.  She grabbed her headphones from her nightstand and decided to listen to an unsolved murder. She decided on The Camden Town Murders. 

It was around 6:30 in the morning, Wednesday and Thing were working on murder board. Myra was listening to a podcast episode about The Tylenol Murders, while gently massaging her forehead, to try to calm her headache. When Enid stood behind Wednesday. 

“When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy’s Pinterest in mind.” 

Myra stood next to Enid. “ I don't know, I quite like it.”

    “Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection.”

    “Is this why you snuck out last night?”

    “Thing and I may have made an unsanctioned trip to the  county morgue to copy the files of the monster victims.”

    “Okay there are so many levels of ew in that statement, and I don’t even know where to begin.” 
    “I need to get inside it’s head. Discover any patterns or anomalies. I’ve already made a big discovery.” She pulled a few photos off of the board. 

    “Turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed.” Wednesday handed the photos to Enid and Myra. 

    “The first one a kidney, the second a finger--”

    Enid looked like she was going to be sick.

    “- Third a gall bladder.”

    Wednesday, I don’t feel--” Wednesday continued explaining the investigation.  Myra placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to brace the blonde in case something went wrong.    

    “And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes.” Wednesday handed another photo to them. 

“Do you understand what this means? These murders aren’t mindless. He’s collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer. It’s impressive actually.”

Myra grabbed Enid just as she was about to hit the floor. Wednesday turned around and looked at both of them. 

“She passed out again. We really need to stop talking about serial killers and murders so much.” Myra said as she was gently tapping Enid’s face to try and wake her up.

Wednesday turned to look at Thing who strugged. “Fetch the smelling salts. Again .” She told him.

Myra sat at her desk doodling a ghost on the corner of her notebook page. They were dissecting some flowers today. 

“While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception.” Ms.Thornhill explained. 

    Myra turned to look at Xavier ,who gave a grunt of pain. He grabbed his notebook from his bag, then turned to look at her. 

    “I tweaked my back fencing.” She felt something was off when he said that but decided not to press on the matter for now. She looked down at her notebook and continued doodling as Ms.Thornhill continued. 

    “The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in.” Myra felt Xavier’s eyes on her. 

    “Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the males get in exchange?” 

    “Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave’N.” Bianca answered.  Everyone laughed. 

    “Okay, okay. I know you’re all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework.” There were cheers around the room. 

    “But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee.” People started raising their hands. “Anyone interested, come and see me up here.” 

    “You're not gonna volunteer?” Xavier asked, Myra turned to look at him. 

    “Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch? There’s even a DJ. Mc Blood Suckaz.”

    “No, not really, people mainly dance, get drunk or high and makeout in the darkest parts of the gym. Besides, I have a more interesting way to spend my Saturday evening.” 

    “Oh, and what’s that?” Xavier raised an eyebrow. Myra pulled out “Good Girl, Bad Blood,” and “As Good As Dead” from her backpack. 

    “This.” She pointed to the books “Is far superior to the Rave’N. No offense. I do hope that you have a fun night though.” She started to gather her books and the supplies and place them into her bag. 

While she was doing that she looked over at Xavier while he was placing his book in his bag. There were claw marks scratched onto his neck that looked to be from a large animal of some kind. They were slightly deep, she knew that you’re not able to get that in fencing. She decided to ask him about it later. 

Wow, I can't believe that 2022 is almost over. It has been an interesting year to say the least.

I hope that all of you are doing well and having a wonderful holiday.

I will see you in the New year.

See you soon-MOONY