Eight

Myra continued to stare at the ceiling, the book laying next to her long forgotten as the sound of Wednesday's typewriter keys clacked faintly in the background. Enid went to sleep a couple hours ago, Wednesday had decided to stay up and write. And Myra, well she couldn't sleep ever since she was a child, everytime she closed her eyes she would be met with her deepest nightmares. A side effect of being able to show others their greatest fears. Myra sat up and walked over to Wednesday´s desk, Wednesday was holding the drawing that she had gotten from Rowan, up to her desk lamp. 

    ¨Hey, any luck on figuring out what your in the drawing yet?¨
    ¨No, but I may have a lead,¨ Wednesday looked at her. Myra grabbed her brown flannel and threw in over her beige colored shirt and dark brown shorts.
    ¨Great, let's go.

    They walked down a hallway until they reached the statue of Edgar Allen Poe. Wednesday pulled out a flashlight and stood on the statue. Myra followed, she noticed riddles were written on the book possibly leading to something. 

Wednesday began to write the answers to the riddles on her notepad. Once she was done Myra looked at it, both noticing that the first letters of each of the words spelled out ¨Snap Twice¨. 

They got down. Myra turned to look at Wednesday giving her a nod. They faced the statue and snapped twice. The wings on the Raven lowered and it moved, the statue then pulled back into the wall, revealing a staircase. Wednesday began to walk down Myra coming just after her. 

The wall next to the steps was lined with portraits. Based on what she could see from the light from Wednesday´s flashlight, there were bookshelves lining the walls and the Nightshades logo was engraved on the floor.
¨Wow, this is beautiful.¨ Myra walked around the space. Wednesday walked over to a bookcase, plucked a book off the shelf and placed it into her bag. When someone placed a bag over her head. 
¨ Hey Wednesday check this out.¨ Myra pulled a book off of the shelf and was rifling through it when she felt someone behind her. She grabbed their arm and dug her nails into it and twisted it until someone else tackled and placed a bag over her head. Then everything went black.

The bag was removed off of Myra´s head,  rope bound her wrists tightly. She turned to look at Wednesday then to the group of people in robes in front of her.

¨Who dares breach our inner sanctum?¨ A voice spoke. 
¨You can take the mask off, Bianca.¨ Wednesday spoke nonchalantly.

Myra let out a small laugh. Bianca sighed, removing her hood and mask, the others in the room followed suit.

¨Wait I preferred you with it on.¨ 
¨How did you get down here?¨ Xavier asked

¨Rowan showed us. Left pocket.¨ Xavier went over to Wednesday and pulled the drawing out. 

¨I tracked the watermark from the page to the Poe statue. Then me and Myra solved the riddle.¨ 

¨Wait there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice.¨ A boy with a purple bruise around his eye, who Myra believed to be named Kent spoke. 

 Myra looked over at him, her eyebrows slightly scrunching together¨ Wow, you´re not the brightest, are you?¨Myra retorted. Xavier looked up from the picture to Myra finally noticing her presence.

¨The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite ¨ Bianca spoke up. Myra raised an eyebrow in her direction. 
¨We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny dip.¨ Yoko stated. 

¨And Yoko´s an amateur mixologist.¨ Diviana spoke up. 
¨She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild,¨ Ajax said.
¨Wow, do you guys even have a bedtime?¨ Wednesday said.
¨Last I heard the Nightshades had been disbanded.¨ While everyone was focused, Myra  looked at her converse and quietly formed the shadow of the chair into a knife to untie the ropes around her wrists. Feeling a tiny drop of black liquid come out of her eye. 
¨Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died.¨ Xavier spoke.   
At that statement Myra looked up. She remembered her mother telling her something happened during her time at Nevermore. 

¨But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves.¨ Yoko said. 

¨Someone like Rowan?¨ Wednesday asked. 
¨We booted that loser last semester. Question is, what are we going to do with them? Only members are allowed in this library.¨ Bianca declared.

The Nightshades thought for a moment before Xavier spoke up 
¨I say we invite them to pledge, They have legacies.¨ He pointed to the portrait of Gomez and Mortica as well as the portrait of Pandora that were hanging on the wall. 

¨After the crap they pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? They are tsunamis.¨
¨Upset that you lost, you cheated Bianca, we just beat you at your own game.¨ Myra declared. Bianca glared at her. 

¨Let me save you the trouble. We´re not interested in joining.¨
¨You´re seriously turning us down?¨ Yoko questioned.
¨Can you believe it?¨ Wednesday spoke sarcastically. 
¨I mean who would´t? You took a legacy of making Normies and Outcasts equals and turned it into drinking and skinny dipping.¨ Myra retorted.

¨Untie them.¨ Bianca told Xavier 
¨ We freed ourselves five minutes ago.¨ Wednesday said as she held up the rope. She got up out of the chair and tried to leave before being stopped by Kent. 
¨Do you want a matching black eye?¨ She asked him, shoved the rope in his hands,and pushed him out of the way before ascending the stairs. Wednesday stopped for a moment. ¨It´s amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name.

Myra got up as well, wiping the black liquid that was rolling down her cheek, shoving the rope into Xavier´s chest and followed Wednesday without looking back at the group. Xavier looked at the rope in his hands. It was tied into a bunch of intricate knots, then looked up at Myra as she walked up the stairs.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey everyone, so sorry I haven't posted as much. I've been busy but now a have more free time so I can get chapters out more often. :)
I hope y'all are doing well, and that y'all have an amazing day!!

See you soon!!-Moony