Chapter 7

It was the time of day where the moon was at its peak and not the sun. The dark sky held a few stars but only big enough to see with a telescope. The Uzumaki and Uchiha residence felt empty and sadder than it usually did. Hundreds of open books sprawled out in the kitchen and living room. Open scrolls on top of any flat surface in the house. Old coffee cups that left stains on the table. And two exhausted people cuddled up in bed.

Naruto wrapped his arms around his husband as he cuddled into him. Sasukes hands were under Naruto's shirt in attempt get warm. They both have been pulling all nighters ever since their only child went missing. They haven't been able to sleep at all.

The constant fear of anything bad happing to Menma kept them up for days, allowing them to figure out the whole situation. The Ōksutsuki clan was after Naruto and there was now better way to capture him, then to put the only child of the infamous Naruto in danger.

Only a couple of hours ago, Sasuke ran into the living room with a look of relief.

"Naruto, I know where Menma went." The Uchiha said as he rushed next to his exhausted husband who was sitting at the dining table. Sasuke opened up a scroll that Shikamaru gave them a couple hours prior. He started scanning his finger over the words before stopping at the beginning of a sentence. Naruto leaned closer to his husband with a since of urge.

"Here right here!" Sasuke removed his finger as Naruto scanned over what his husband was pointing at.

"He went back in time?" Naruto said as his eyes winded. He finally felt relieved that they've found something they could work with.

"Yea. The Ōtsutsuki dug up a device called the The Karasuki that allows you to travel through time." Naruto scrunched up his nose as he rubbed his forehead with his hand.

"And you think they used that device on Menma." Sasuke shook his head slightly giving Naruto the answer he needed. Naruto stood up from his sitting position making Sasuke look at him with confusion.

"Then let's go find this device!" Naruto said as he turned towards the front door. As he took a couple of steps forward, he felt his legs give out on him.

"Naruto!" Sasuke moved in front of the blond before he could hit the cold floor. He felt his whole body sink into his husbands chest and Sasukes arm wrap around him.

"Idiot, don't overwork yourself." Sasuke said as he helped Naruto stand up. "you're already exhausted, there's no need to go out right now." Sasuke said, hurting a little for his husband. He could see the disappointment written over the blonds face and it pained him to see him like this.

"I have to go find Menma." Naruto said as he tried walking himself before Sasuke stopped him. Naruto looked at his husband with annoyance.

"Do you not care about our son." Naruto said immediately regretting it after he saw Sasukes' eyes. They looked sad once those words flew out of Naruto's mouth.

"How dare you question my love for our son." Sasuke immediately removed his arm from his husbands chest. He looked away from Naruto's gaze. "Im so worried I feel sick."

Sasukes' eyes looked tired and Naruto could see that. He wanted to punch himself for making Sasuke feel like that. He knew he shouldn't of said what he did right as the words flew out of his mouth. He wrapped his arms around Sasuke from behind making him stiffen up.

"I'm sorry. I know how much you care, I just want to go find him." Naruto said, voice cracking a little. Sasuke rested his head on his lovers shoulder, melting into his blonds touch.

"I know." Sasuke whispered. He turned his body around, allowing him to face Naruto. He slid his hand onto Narutos cheek.

"Let's rest before we go kill whoever took Menma." Sasuke creepily smiled making Naruto laugh. He connected his lips with Sasukes. He could feel warmth rush over him as Sasuke kissed back. No matter how many times they kiss, Naruto will always get butterflies in his stomach. The blond pulled back allowing him to look into his lovers eyes.