There is truth in multitude of lies

Chapter 7

I was supernatural, everyone at the orphanage was supernatural, sister Lisa, sister Theresa.... father mateyu.

They were all involved in this twisted game, they knew the truth but chose to keep us in the dark, the dark where creatures like rogue vampires and werewolves lived. A world where witches whose mind had been darkened by operating dark magic lived. But then why keep us at the orphanage.

I was so deep in thought, my head thumbed loud enough for my ears to go deaf. At least I wasn't alone in this revelation, Eli was there. A weird short boy who simply had a lot to say in every situation. He was also doing it then.

"This food is weirdly good" he spoke while chewing loudly, "mmmh, they seriously are trying to kill us....look at the window see that bird is staring at us, let me paraphrase, staring at you"

"Seriously though, we are doing this, talking about a bird, wow Eli"

"What are we talking about?" Said a tiny voice behind me. I jumped, Eli chocked from his food that was full in his mouth. His eyes was on the cage of popping out. "Nothing interesting" smiled Eli, an unconvincing smile. "Cut me some crack. I need any kind of gossip right now 'cause my day just became a foul play" Tama cried.

"Do you believe the stories that sister Lisa always tells us?" I asked, it was better to start with baby steps. Did she believe.

"Hell yeah, I am surprised people here don't see how things roam about at night" it was my turn to chock on my food. I wasn't relieved to see someone other than me and well Eli believing that there are creatures out there whom we are there prey. I had to stop thinking about about prey or else I would faint again. Of cause she didn't.

"You see them too?" I asked, what if she laughed and says she was kidding. It was not a time to be afraid of be called crazy by her, I just had to hope she saw them too and maybe, maybe together, we might unveil the layers of reality.

***

I was relieved.

There were a bunch of people that saw what I saw but kept quite because of fear of being sent to the toture room or worse being taken to a place which they tell us is out side the orphanage, the world but in actual sense, they mean our end. They would take us to a place where they would use us for experiments.

There were others like me, alot, sitting and waiting for a day that shall come where we will be free. Tracing through each story sister Lisa had told us, it turned out everything was connected. She was trying to tell us something, to warn us.

Whatever it was, I knew it wasn't good but it was a start.

I was wondering around like a lost animal around the church compound, the church had been closed which was knew. I would climb the steps and descend down running from nothing, perhaps from my thoughts that were really moving and hitting the fragile walls of my mind. I was waiting for the door to be opened.

I looked at the sky, it was still early in the morning. Yesterday had been a huge cup of tea to swallow that almost burned my tongue.

I kept tossing and turning on the bed but atleast no one tried to visit me. Sister Lisa was contradicting, I didn't know if I should hope she was trying to help me or not but a huge part of me believed she was trying to protect me from something bad. But there was the other little part of me that didn't trust her even for a minute.

The morning was oddly silent, no birds sung or Danced in the sky, no wind tried to brush of the sand on the ground. There was only twig of a tree on the side of the forest where I had seen the wolf, which from yesterday I had learned to be a werewolf.