The next day

I sat on the ground, playing with the sand using my index finger.  The river reflected the sun into million stars, having a goldish look. I have learned that it was called the golden river. Beautiful but deadly. It is the river where creatures tells you swim to the bottom that shines golden gold. It allures you with sweet lullaby and sense of freedom.

Eli was throwing sand unto the river. Each time he does that, the river responds with pure forgiveness; it would have tiny sparkling stars, billions of them smiling at us. He threw another collection of sand into the river.

You got to stop that, you are polluting the beautiful Golden River I screamed. This is anything but not golden she said. He had a point. It was death itself but it was so beautiful.

You know for a girl that sees the darkest world, you are too trusting he said and from that he got up and went away. I was left alone with my thought. My thought were never healthy. They had always involved series deaths and the creatures of the night.

That was when I felt it, I felt like I needed to be set free. Suddenly, I felt trapped and just had to swim and let loose. That got me awake. It was definitely the river.

I got up and literally ran for my life. I found my friends shooting arrows to an aim. Luckily, they didn't see my outburst and my sweaty state or else I would have been laughed at for being afraid of the water. That water wasn't anywhere near normal. It was far from it.

~*~

I felt light first peep through and try to peel though the closed eyes. I saw warmth and light through the closed eyes. As much as the light was appealing, it still meant morning. And morning means I got to wake up.

That day, I was going to be taught about spell, sister Lisa had said with one hand laid impatiently on her waist. Her nose twitching and sneezing due to the cold. She was going to teach everything there was to know about the other side of the world within two days.

I thought that that was crazy.