A Blink of An Eye

First, I felt a forceful jolt hit me. That got me stumbling. Then a glow form my hands pursed with a shocking vibration. I could feel the twenty one pair of eyes look in anticipation. It pursed purple like the purple wall sister Lisa had disappeared into that other day in the church library.

That wall appeared again and Sister Lisa appeared from it. "It's time" she said. Everyone knew that it was time. We didnt know what that meant or maybe it was just me. She grabbed my hand and the hand of Eli. She instructed everyone "help each other". We were supposed to form a chain that would start from her and end to her.

No matter what, do not let go. If you do let go, you will be wondering in the portal forever she warned. That made me squeeze her hand tight afraid of my hands letting lose.

The air was visibly thick. It was chocking and squeezing me to fall down. If I were to fall down, I would let go and I will be lost forever. And probably so will everyone so I had to hold myself.

Sister Lisa mummered something and I felt my body being sucked out of my own skin and my body block pary into fine particle until they reconnected and I found myself stumbling forwards. Towards a river with stars shinning as the sun was peeping. With sea monster daring me to dive in and live a life of freedom where death would sing and dance with my free mind. Where the sea monsters will pull me to the bottom where they will be no sunlight.

I didnt notice that I was walking towards the waters until a hand pulled me out of my reverie.

A call of the wild, calling to fly or dive and die crooned a voice behind me.

What was that I asked after finally gotten myself together. My eyes were unto the fist of seas staring at me. Daring me yet again to swim deep in.

"Thabo that is a lake that calls upon those passing by to sink them forever until their bones turned into nothing but sand said Sister Lisa. A call of the wild, calling to fly or dive and die sister Lisa repeated. You had said that earlier or was that part of the lakes tricks. I did she simply answered.

The water might have diamonds because it shone brighter than the sun. The water had me mesmerized that I forgot the main part of all this. We had managed to free form the orphanage. I was actually in a place that didnt have air that felt like a cage. I was free. I hoped I was. I was sure I was.

Sister Lisa turned around as if make sure everyone was there and in one piece. The place was different than the orphanage. The air was even outraged. The trees had thorns. The bushes were beautiful but there was something about them screamed DEADLY. There were no animals not even birds. Just angry roaring was the wind. And wolves.
"We have to move" said Sister Lisa in a hurry. No one questions her. Not even Joshua, who didnt bother to hide his fear.

It would be sad to finally be away from the orphanage, only feasted by a pack of wild beasts. I had to hold to hope even if the situation was absolutely hopeless.

We walked on the bushes. It wasnt like we had any other choice. There were no roads or trails just glass and more glass no one had ever set foot on the ground.

The journey was on warriors although we weren't any way near solders but I like to consider it that way. Since we took only a park of bread and a bottle of water each and two outfits. That meant we weren't going to be wondering the forest f unending wandering forever. Soon we would have to reach our destination.

Sister Lisa gracefully stopped, her right hand raised. Signaling us to stop. No one knew what happing but everyone know when one stands rigid, hair on the neck visibly up, shaking hands. Those actions meant fear of something awfully alarming. So we stood rigid too and listened to the wind unfold. The wolves howl from the far and voices, hushed voices get closer. The air went from cold to ice cold. What was coming that made even the unbreakable Sister Lisa petrified. Definitely something that was going to eat us.