More than one power

I was supernatural, everyone at the orphanage was supernatural, Sister Lisa, Sister Theresa...father Mateyu.

They were all involved in this twisted game, they knew the truth but chose to keep us in the dark, the dark where creatures like rouge vampires, untamed werewolves and witches who mind had been darkened by operating a lot of dark magic lived. But, then, why keep us in the dark?

"This food is weirdly good" Eli spoke while chewing loudly, "mmm they seriously are trying to kill us look at the window, see the bird staring at us, let me paraphrase, staring at you"

"Seriously though, we are doing this? Talking about a bird? Wow Eli" I answered, a little annoyed that he was telling the truth. The owl was indeed looking at me. That was never a good sign.

"What are we talking about?" said a tiny voice behind me. I jumped, Eli chocked from his food that was full in his mouth. "Nothing interesting" smiled Eli, an unconvincing smile. "Cut me some crack. I need any kind of gossip right now because my day just became a foul play" whined Tama.

"Do you believe in the stories that sister Lisa always tells us?" I asked. It was better to start with baby steps.

"Hell YEAH! I am surprised people here don't see how things roam about at night it was my turn to chock on my food. I wasn't relieved to see someone other than me believe that there are creatures out there whom we are literary their prey. I had to stop thinking about prey or else I would faint again.

"You see them too? I asked, what is she laughed and said she was just kidding a while ago. It wasn't a time to be afraid of being called crazy since its already known to everyone. I just needed to hope that she saw them too and maybe, maybe together, we might unveil the layers of reality.

~*~

I was relieved.
There were a bunch of people that saw what I saw but kept quite because of fear of being sent to the torture room or worse being taken to a pace which they tell us is out in actual sense, they mean our end. They would take us to a place where they would use us for experiments.

There were others like me, a lot, sitting and waiting for a day that shall come where we will be free. Tracing through each story sister Lisa had told us, it turned out everything was connected. She was trying to tell us something, to warn us.

Whatever it was, it wasn't good but it was a start.

I was wondering like a lost animal around the church compound, the church had been closed which was knew. I have never seen it locked. I would climb the steps and descend down running from nothing, perhaps from my own thoughts that were really moving and hitting the fragile walls of my mind. I was waiting for the door to be opened.

I looked at the sky, it was early in the morning.

Yesterday had been a huge cup of tea to swallow that almost burned my tongue.
The previous night, I kept tossing and turning on the bed but at least no one tried to visit me.

Sister Lisa was contradicting, I didn't know if I was supposed hope that she was trying to help me or not but a huge part of me believed she was trying to protect me from something bad. But there was the other little part of me that didn't trust her even for a minute.

The morning was oddly quiet, no birds sung or danced in the sky, no wind tried to brush of the sand on the ground. There was only twig of a tree on the side of the forest where I had seen the wolf, which from yesterday I had learned to be a werewolf.

It was him that day but this day, it had to be different. It had to be a bird flying or being caught by the thick bushy brushes of the leaves from the tree that seemed to stare back at me with glare. That's what you get from getting up before curfew.