Chapter 1

"Momma!" 

"Babies!"

I stooped down and scooped up the two pups as they ran to me. I spun the giggling boy and girl around in a circle giving them kisses as Edmond leaned against the door jamb. 

"We've missed you, momma!"

"Oh, my sweet pups. I've missed you too!"

"Did you bring us anything?" they asked in unison.

"Did I bring you two, the most adorable and loving twins in this entire kingdom anything?"

"Yes!" the twins said in unison again.

"I don't know. Maybe you need to check my duffle bag over there?"

She squealed in delight and ran to the bag digging into it, and pulling out small wrapped gifts.

"You spoil them," Edmond said, walking toward me.

"I know, but look at them? Who couldn't? They're so gosh darn sweet and wonderful."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "They do take after their mother."

"Mmm. I don't think so. More after their incredibly brave and courageous father."

I stood on tiptoe and kissed my prince long and hard.

"Eww!" Freddy said, scrunching his nose.

"You guys do that a lot," Vickie followed up, sticking out her tongue.

"Well, that's because that's what mommy and daddy do when mommy's been gone for so long!" I said.

"Are you staying home now?" Freddy asked.

"Um." I looked at Edmond who nodded his head. "Yes? Yes! Mom's not leaving for a while!"

"Yay!"

"Yay!" I exclaimed with them. "Why don't you guys go let poppop and grammy know that mommy is home."

"Yes! Poppop let me wear his crown yesterday!"

"He did? That's exciting!"

"He said that I'm gonna be king someday!" Freddy exclaimed.

"And I'm gonna be queen!" Vickie pouted.

"Yes, my loves. Poppop is having you both rule together because you are both so smart! Now, run along and find them."

The twins ran from the room screaming for the King and Queen as I sat down at the table. "Freddy got to wear dad's crown?"

Edmond laughed. "Yeah. We had a meeting. Dad wanted to establish his dominance so he wore the crown. Freddy saw it after and wanted to try it on. It's entirely too big for his head."

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm sure he'll fit into it someday."

"Some day."

"So I'm not leaving any time soon?" I asked.

"No. There aren't any peacekeeping missions coming up anytime soon," he told me, standing behind me and rubbing my shoulders.

"Good. That means you don't have to leave either."

"No, I don't. I get to stay right here with you. The twins. And your sister."

"I'm sorry. My what?"

"Yeah. Harmony decided to stop by for a visit since she heard you were back today. I believe she's down by the lake with the kids."

"Ugh."

"You know you love having them here," he said before bending down to kiss my cheek.

"I do, but I'd like to unwind first."