Chapter 7

The image that I drew was terrifying and incredible. The castle was intimidating and foreboding as Medusa stood on the wall and the harpies were perched on the corners. An entire flock of Griffin flew overhead with a herd of Pegasus. We wolves along with Centaurs, giants, Minotaurs, unicorns, pixies, and fairies flew about while a pair of Phoenix were between Edmond and me. Between us and the castle lay a moat. I could see mermaids and hippocampus facing up to a hydra and sirens.

King Orsand was to the left while dad and Harmony were to my right.

Standing with medusa were Ogres, trolls, manticores, goblins, and Cerebus.

I slid the paper to Orsand and watched his face. It went from something of intrigue to absolute horror. I swallowed hard and waited.

"This is what you saw?"

I nodded my head.

"This," He tapped the paper. "is not good."

"No. It's not. I really think that this battle is the battle for the kingdoms."

"We have to figure out a way to prepare all of wolfdom and the other mythical and legendaries for this battle."

"How? Without spilling everything about Artemis. I don't think they're ready for that. It freaked so many people out when they did know. I mean I have to wear my hair down with a crown these past five years.

He glanced up at one of the three crowns that he and Amelia had made for me once I told them about Artemis, again.

They were all incredibly beautiful and well-crafted. The one I wore today was covered in crystals and fit snuggly on my head holding my hair in place while concealing the mark. 

Orsand nodded. "I think with Kallisto here we should be able to use that as a reason."

"If you're sure."

"I am. Go get some rest, okay? I'm going to finish up here and try to get some sleep."

"Yeah. Goodnight, father." I reached down and grabbed the picture before picking up my dress. "I'm going to show this to Edmond."

Orsand nodded his head. "Goodnight, dear."

I left and made my way back to mine and Edmond's suite. The pups were already sound asleep in their room while he sat up reading near the fireplace.

"Everything alright?" he asked, looking up at me.

"Um. I don't know. Maybe." I handed him the paper while hanging up the dress.

"What's this?" he asked, staring at the picture.

"So that is what I drew for father."

"Okay?"

"That is the vision I had."

"That is the vision?" he asked, almost horrified.

"Yeah. That's it."

"Oh, my dear sweetheart!" He put his book down and stood, wrapping his arms around me. "I am so sorry that you see this."

"I mean, it sucks. It does, but it's useful? Right?"

He sighed heavily. "Yeah. It's useful, but I wish that was not a burden that was put upon you. You handle this so well."

"It doesn't feel like it. There are times I think that everyone can just read it all over my face."

"No, sweet one. You carry this  burden well."

"I'm not the only one with a burden now."

He pursed his lips and held me tighter. "We'll just handle it together."

"Have you told your parents yet?"

I could feel him shake his head. 

"Are you going to?" I asked.

"Yes. I will. I just don't know how to."

"I wish I knew the right way, but I really don't. I still haven't retold my parents yet about Artemis."

He grasped my chin with his hand and tilted my face up so I was staring him in the eyes. His eyes were incredible and I loved when he would smile. He leaned down to me and pressed his lips into mine. An incredible surge of what I can only describe as electricity surged through my body. I craved more. I wanted more. I needed more of Edmond. 

I grabbed his hand and led him to our bedroom. Closing the door, I quickly removed his clothing and pushed him onto the bed.

"I love you," I said softly.

The world seemed to stop. I sat on his lap, the light from our fireplace set his face aglow as I could tell the blood was pulsing through his body. I didn't speak. I stared at him while slowly undoing the buttons on his shirt. He watched, his breathing sped up as I finished with the last one. I ran one of my hands from his neck down to the top of his trousers. His breath caught for a moment. 

I leaned forward and nibbled his ear before gently kissing the mark I left on his neck. 

He reached up and yanked my tank top off before pulling me down so our bodies were pressed together, skin to skin.

He caressed my back before running his fingers through my hair, gently pulling my hair so my head was pulled back, showing my neck. He buried himself in the crook of my shoulder while maneuvering us so that he was on top. 

"You are incredible," he said breathily into my ear. 

"Heck no. You're the one who works magic." I smiled playfully while leaning up to nibble on his ear a bit.

His entire body shuddered as he let out a small growl and pushed himself back onto me. He pressed his mouth to mine, his tongue playing at my lips until I let it in. The taste of him on my mouth was something that I loved. The spicy scent I'd smelled for that first time years ago was the same taste every time we kissed.

He rocked his hips, pressing himself into me. 

I smiled and pulled him closer. 

The smell and feel of my mate was incredible and I wanted more. I closed my eyes as he did all the things that I loved.

After what felt like hours, I found us entangled in one another, legs and arms entwined as our naked bodies were still pressed against one another. 

I lay beside him staring at the moon as it hung high in the sky. The stars twinkled and for just a moment the world felt alright. The stress and worries that we were facing melted away for just this one night.