Chapter 24

"Harmony?" I called, running down one of the long corridors. "Where are you?"

I heard someone crying from within one of the guest rooms. Poking my head in, I saw Harmony sitting near the window.

"What are you doing in here? And what's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, Ellie! It's terrible!"

"What?"

"Alex," she sniffed. "He's been taken to the dungeons and he's no longer going to be Alpha!"

"Yeah. I know. I was there."

"Why didn't you stop them?"

"Huh?" I asked. "Why would I?"

"Because!" she sobbed. "Now I won't be L-luna."

Her shoulders shuddered as she sobbed into her hands.

"Harmony, he's not fit to be in any position of power. He's insane. Not to mention, he's awful to you!"

"But I was actually going to be able to do something with my life. I could have done some really good things."

I sat down beside her and sighed heavily. "Harmony, you can still do good things. You don't need to be Luna to be a good person."

She sniffed and looked up at me.

"There are plenty of people who do good things and aren't in a position of power." I stood and grabbed her hand. "Listen, we need your help now. You can do good things now. You're still coming with us, right?"

She nodded her head as she followed me out of the room. 

"Good. We need to find the sphynx and a few other things before weeks end. So let's go."

We made our way outside, finding Edmond, Zephyr, Titan, and surprisingly Blaze waiting.

"Um, Ellie?" Harmony asked.

"Yeah?"

"Where exactly are we going?"

"Yeah, so we're leaving the kingdom."

"Right. Are we riding on them?"

I nodded my head as Edmond walked to me. He kissed my forehead and smiled at Harmony.

"Yes, we are," he said. "We're going to find the Sphynx."

"And to Glyki," I said, looking around at everyone.

"To where?" Titan asked.

"Glyki. It's a place in Greece where..."

"Where Acheron River is," Zephyr said, staring at me.

"Right. Where the Acheron River is."

"Is there another mythic there?" Titan questioned.

"Not exactly. But there is something there that I need to get."

"What?" Harmony asked.

"A very rare flower. It only grows in chasms that are entrances to the underworld."

"That's some flower," she said.

"It is. So let's get going and see what we can get done." I climbed onto the back of Zephyr while Edmond climbed onto Titan. 

Harmony stood beside Blaze staring at him for a long moment before he motioned for her to climb on.

"I've never done this," she whispered.

"It's okay. I promise I won't let you fall."

She nodded her head and mounted him, clutching the feathers at his neck.