Chapter 1: So Close Yet So Far

Y/n awoke feeling refreshed, she sat up and stretched before glancing at her window which had let the soft light of the sun pour in. 

She sat on her bed unmoving and slouched as her brain processed and loaded as to what she felt like she was forgetting something. 

A full minute later, she wondered how she got into her room. Y/n had no recollection of ever going to bed that night but that thought was quickly pushed aside. 

Her eyes widened while letting out a panicked noise before throwing her covers aside. A glance at her clock made her realize how late she was for work.

Then three consecutive knocks made her stop from her panicked state. "Y/n? Are you awake?" It's her secretary who spoke. 

"Yes-! I am, uh, give me five minutes and I'll be-" 

She was cut off when her secretary came in. "No need to rush, you have nothing scheduled for today," He said. 

Y/n stopped. "Souta, did you clear my schedule without my permission? Again," She asked sternly. 

"Nope, you are free for the day," Souta assured, although it was a lie. 

He got to Y/n's house early in the morning, which was approximately seven hours ago, Souta saw her sleeping in her office with her head just resting on her hands on the desk. 

The male carried her to her bed so she'd get a night of proper sleep, this was almost a normal practice to him since he often caught her sleeping on her desk. 

"And I also brought the pastries you told me, and your mother wanted me to inform you that the Akashi siblings have returned from their hotel stay" He reported. 

"Akashi siblings...?" She has no idea who those are. 

"The people next door, your new neighbors," He informed. 

"Right... right-!" She said slowly gaining her poise as her consciousness finally woke up. "Okay, I'll just get prepared and then I'll hand it to them" 

He nodded before walking out the door. "Very well, miss, I'll wait for you downstairs" Souta then grabbed the doorknob to close, but before it could be fully shut, he spoke. "Oh, and Good morning Y/n," 

Y/n smiled. "Good morning too, Sou" 

.

.

.

When she got down, she saw her secretary and her mom in the kitchen, both wearing frilly pink aprons while they prepared lunch. 

"Mom, you better pay up if you wanna borrow my secretary," She jokingly said as she approached the two and checked what they were cooking. 

"Good morning to you too, Y/n" Her mother playfully retorted, making her daughter laugh. 

"Yes, yes, good morning Mom," Y/n said before kissing her mother on the cheek. "Did Dad leave for work already?" 

"Yes, he did," M/n answered. "He told Aoki to clear your schedule" 

Y/n looked at Souta, flabbergasted. "And you told me I got nothing to do today," 

"Technically, you don't" The man shrugged. 

"Are you my dad's secretary or mine?" She raised her brow with her hand on her hip. 

Souta smiled and spoke in a soft tone. "I'm only yours, you know that" 

Y/n stared at him, wide eyes and agape mouth and all. "Don't... don't ever say that... again..." She deadpanned as her cheeks reddened. 

'That was so romantic!?!' She internally screamed but stopped herself. 'No! calm yourself Y/n!'