Chapter 3: Questions of a Curious Mind

Their dinner is going well, Y/n's parents were mostly conversing with Takeomi and Senju, since Haruchiyo's attention seems to be occupied by something else. 

"Yes, my brother and sister are the ones doing the vlog," Takeomi said. "And I manage them like if a company wants them to model, endorse, and to do something along those lines, I'll be the one taking care of negotiation," 

L/n M/n smiled gleefully. "So they're celebrities?" She asked. 

"Yes, sort of like that," Takeomi answered. "Senju is actually becoming more of a model, agencies really love her charm," He laughed. "I don't really see what they see," 

"Hey! I have an undeniable charm, people like me because I'm me, don't you think so L/n-san?" Senju butted in, making Y/n's mother chuckle and nod. 

"Senju is a beautiful lady, no doubt about that," Y/n commented making the white-haired girl blush. 

"Don't feed her already inflated ego," Takeomi deadpanned. 

Y/n chuckled. "Oh~ Are you jealous Takeomi?" She narrowed her gaze at him. "Do you want me to shower you with compliments too?" 

Y/n's parents chuckled lightly, while Senju laughed shamelessly as they watched Takeomi flush at Y/n's unexpected words. 

"Speaking of endorsing," Y/n's father spoke. "Y/n, why don't you tell your friend to endorse a product from your business?" 

The Akashi siblings looked at Y/n with expectance and curiosity. "You have a business?" Takeomi asks. 

"Ah, yes," Y/n answered with a sheepish chuckle. "But there's no need-"

Souta then handed Takeomi a business card. "Y/n owns the company that manages Cozy Corner Bakery" He informed. "She's also the person who makes the recipes for each pastry there," 

"Okay, don't get too carried away," Y/n stopped him before he said more. "Technically, the company is my dad's, and the recipes were from my mom," 

"Don't let her fool you, she's too humble for her own good," Y/n's mother spoke. 

Y/n's father nodded. "She created the business, and she pushed me to be the boss of her company," 

"And I only helped in creating the recipes, but all the ideas and suggestions came from her," Her mother finished. 

Senju's eyes beamed in amusement. "That is so cool and badass!" She exclaimed. 

"So the pastries you gave, were from your bakery?" Takeomi asks and Y/n just smiled. "Did you know my brother Haru loved the cheesecake you gave us? He didn't even share a bite," He chuckled. 

"You don't say?" M/n smiled at Haru and then glanced at her daughter expecting her usual expression of short-lived infatuation. 

But instead, Y/n smiled genuinely with no hidden meanings, just genuine happiness. "Really? I'm glad you liked it," 

Haruchiyo looked at her. "They're really good, honestly, it's my comfort food," He chuckled as he admitted it. 

"Then I'll make sure to keep it on the menu then," She answered. 

Y/n's parents and Souta watched in awe as they watched Y/n normally converse with a person they'd thought she'd like. 

While Haruchiyo's siblings were stunned by his complete honesty and openness to a girl he barely knew. 

To sum it up, it wasn't the way they'd thought the two would converse with each other. 

.