Chapter 8: Blurred Intentions

It had been a week since Y/n had spoken with Hina but her words kept repeating in her mind, and it made her think about Sanzu even more.

"Hey, Y/n?"

"Hmm, yes?" She jolted.

Sanzu tilted his head as he looked at her with worry. "You've been staring into space, I don't think you heard what I've been saying,"

Y/n looked back at him. "Ah, I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring you... I was just, thinking, but uh, please, can you repeat that?" She said with guilt.

He gently smiled at her. "I was just asking if you were hungry and if you'd like to eat," His stomach grumbled as she was about to reply.

She chuckled. "Maybe you're the one who's hungry, where do you want to go?"

"How about we go to (Your fave food place)?" Sanzu suggested. "You like their food right?"

And Sanzu being this sweet doesn't help with Y/n's case. She smiled. "Yes, I am getting kinda hungry," She then glanced at her phone. 

A notification popped up, it was a message from Souta reminding her of the schedule she had in an hour. 

Her smile somewhat lost its cheer and it did not go unnoticed by Sanzu. "Y/n?" He called. 

"I'm sorry Sanzu, I can't come with you for lunch... I forgot I have a meeting with my employees," She informed before rushing to get ready, after all, she only had an hour. 

"Oh, I'll drive you then," He offered. "You focus on getting ready, I'll wait outside," Sanzu then shushed her before she could protest. "I insist, also, I have time," 

She smiled. "Okay," 

.

.

.

Souta greeted Y/n at the company entrance. He opened the door for her and she stepped out with his assistance as well. 

"Thank you for driving her here, Akashi-san," Souta said to Sanzu who just nodded. 

"Hey, Y/n," Sanzu called, and Y/n turned with a hum before Souta could close the car door. He smiled. "Nothing," He smiled. 

She chuckled. "What?" Confused as to what was that about. 

"Good luck with your meeting," Sanzu noted. 

"Thank you," She replied. "Get home safe," 

"I will," He said back. 

Souta sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay, L/n-san, you'll be late. Shall we?" He was sure they'd be at it for a while if he hadn't interfered. 

It was so obvious, but those two are blind. And Souta's not the type to intervene in such matters so he didn't want to drop any hint of how those two clearly have a thing for the other. 

He wants Y/n to find out for herself since he is sure she'd love a romantic confession, but then again, Sanzu doesn't look like the type to do such cheesy things. 

Why is he thinking about this again? It's none of his business. 

"Oh, sorry... let's go," Y/n replied and they went inside the building and straight to the meeting. 

.

.

.

Souta had seen the signs from the beginning, Y/n always acted lovestruck to people she met, but it was different when she met Sanzu.