Chapter 2: The Neighbor's a Celebrity

Senju had texted Y/n the exact location and time of the dinner once Takeomi had finalized the reservation, which was very quickly done because they're treated as VIPs. 

From the text that Y/n received, it would seem like Souta was invited as well since the Akashis had given them four seats. 

"Should I come as your friend or secretary?" Souta asked. 

"I would like you to enjoy as you are, so come as my friend" She replied as she made final touches to herself.

Y/n then turned to face him and proceeded to tidy him up by adjusting his top a bit. "Do you want to attend this dinner?" She asked, worried that he felt forced to come with her. 

"As long as there's food, then I'm surely going," He said chuckling. "Anyway, I did a little research about their family and-"

"Souta," She cut him off. "They're my neighbors, just neighbors. I don't need their backgrounds checked." She chuckled. 

"But, just in case," He reasoned. "So you'll know what to say or not to say, and to avoid offending them,"

"Now you're just making me nervous," Y/n frowned at him. "I'm sure they're not that bad... right?"

"Well," Souta handed her his tablet on an open file, mainly on Senju's information page. "Have a look for yourself,"

Y/n hesitated to take the device or even look at it, she didn't want to pry into others' lives unless it was necessary for work.

But she does want to impress her new neighbors, Senju is a really nice girl, and Y/n would hate it if she got upset with her.

With much contemplation, she finally took the device and read the digitalized file. "Akashi Senju... uhuh... Kawaragi...? Hmm" She mumbled as she continued to read.

She continued to scroll down. "Previously affiliated with... Toman?" Y/n tilted her head. "What corporation is that?" She didn't wait for Souta's reply and just continued to read. "Holy- She's a celebrity?!"

"Ah- yes, she and her other brother, Haruchiyo, I believe are a bit of a celebrity," Souta explained. "While their older brother, Takeomi, manages them,"

She froze and hid half of her face using the tablet. "We dropped by unannounced! What if they thought I was some creepy stalker fan?!"

Souta sweatdropped. "Y/n please calm down,"

"And! Takeomi said something about him going to the bakery to get cheesecake and there I am handing it to them that same time!" Y/n groaned.

"That's purely coincidental-" He was cut off by Y/n's cries.

"SOUTAAA!" She wailed. "I'll die of embarrassment! I have to clear that mishap!"

"If you explained that scenario without them asking, it'll only make you look suspicious even more," He reminded with a tone of boredom, then he saw her face and flinched. "Oh no, don't-"

She continued to wail and overthink it while Souta tried his best to calm her down.

.

.

.

Meanwhile in the Akashi household. Senju paused while fixing her hair to look out the window. "Huh, does this neighborhood have hyenas?" She asked herself after hearing an 'animal' cry, she then shrugged it off and continued to fix her hair.

"Hey," A knock on Senju's doorframe made her look, it was Haru.

"You need help preparing?" Senju asked as she faced the mirror again.