Epilogue.

Tess walked down the rows of bookshelves, just looking for absolutely anything to pique her interest. She needed a book for a project, and nothing was quite sticking out to her.

"Teresa Parker." the brunette whipped around totally startled, quickly clutching her ribs, she was still sore from the fight, "Jesus Christ Leigh! You gave me a heart attack." 

It didn't occur to her who was standing in front of her, until the words that flew out of her mouth sunk in. Leigh was in fact in the Midtown High Library, "Wait a minute, what the hell are you doing here?"

Tess was really confused shouldn't the other woman be elsewhere right about now? 

"I'm here to check in," Leigh shrugged, "The Avengers might've fallen apart but that doesn't mean I still don't care, I did help recruit you after all. So, I'm checking in."

Tess looked at her still a bit confused, "Oh."

Leigh took a deep breath, "Look kid, I'm really glad you're okay, but I want to talk to you about something."

"Okay?" Tess glanced around the library, "Come on, maybe we should do this somewhere else." 

Leigh followed Tess out of the library, and down the hallway, "The Janitors closet? That's the best you could do?"

"Weren't you ever in high school?" Tess asked.

"Yeah, but I had graduated by the time I was thirteen...it's a long story." Leigh shook her head. 

Tess arched an eyebrow at her briefly but then shook her head, "Anyway, you wanted to talk."

"Oh, right." Leigh spoke, "So Tony is going to talk to you about...something, and uh- not that I'm trying to influence your decision or anything, but-"

"Spit it out, Leigh."

"Right, sorry." Leigh pressed her lips together, "I was in the wrong when I helped him recruit the two of you. I just wanted to say, the two of you should be kids a while longer. I never really go that, and I feel like I've maybe ruined the chances for you too...I got a job as a SHIELD agent when I was still a teenager. All I'm saying is enjoy being a teenager before you throw yourself into the real world."

"Okay?" Tess asked, and then it dawned on her, "Oh my god is Mr. Stark going to make us like official Avengers?"

"That was a very delayed reaction, kid." Leigh smiled and still studying Tess's shocked face she spoke again, "Please just think about what I said...I know this is all exciting but, you know. Think about it."

Tess nodded, "Yeah, I get what you're saying."

"Okay, well I'm glad we got to have this conversation, um, I probably won't be around for a while, I'm about to do some really stupid shit to save my...family. Leigh spoke.

"I get it." Tess nodded, "Just...be careful."

Leigh smiled, "I'll try."

"Oh, there they are." Tony approached the three of them with a smile on his face, "How was the ride up?"

"Good," Happy answered, and Tony turned to him, "Give me a minute with the kids."

"Seriously?" Happy deadpanned, "Yeah, I gotta talk to them."

"I'll be close behind," Happy responded, "How about a loose follow, boundaries are good."

They started to walk alongside Tony, "Sorry I took your suit, I mean you had it coming, actually, it turns out it was the perfect tough love moment that you needed. Right to urge you on, wouldn't you think?"