★ Chapter 3 ★

Luz awoke the next morning on her fluffy couch and blinked. I was one of those mornings where her hair stuck up in many directions and one of her eyes was stuck shut. The only eye she had vision in was blurry. She climbed over the back of the couch and face planted on to the floor. She rubbed her forehead and wobbled to her feet. She headed to the bathroom and washed her face. After showering and brushing her hair for what felt like forever, she decided to go on a walk. It would clear her mind and maybe fix her weak limbs. She tripped on something on the way out. It was Amity's handbag. She picked it up and decided she would lengthen her walk to drop it off at Amity's house. She gathered her things and walked out the door.

Luz arrived at Amity's cottage a little while later. She knocked on the door using the silver cat-shaped door knocker. Amity came to the door looking beautiful, as usual. And her house was just as pristine as her appearance.

Luz held out the handbag and said, "Here, you left it at my house yesterday."

Luz noticed a small white cat sitting beside Amity's feet.

She gasped and asked, "Is that your cat?"

Amity nodded. "Her name is Ghost."

The cat blinked its ice blue eyes.

"I have some pet mice. And a lot more that live in the walls." Luz said.

Amity nodded and gestured for Luz to come in. Luz handed her the handbag as she stomped all the flower petals off of her loafers. This made Ghost nervous and she narrowed her eyes, walking back a step.

"Your house is beautiful." Luz said, but she was looking at Amity.

"Thank you," Amity started. "In a few months, it probably won't be this pretty since I just finished putting everything away."

"Hey, I can relate to that." Luz said.

Amity brought Luz outside to her backyard. It was absolutely stunning. There were rose bushes all around. Luz couldn't tell where the forest ended, because a thick mist was covering everything beyond the garden. The mist covered deep earthy greens. There were bloomed vines wrapped around the tree trunks.

Luz gasped in awe. She gaped at the area.

"It's... a lot to take care of." Amity admitted.

Luz was still in shock. It looked like it came straight out of an Azura book.

Wait... it had.

"Wait! This is from book five of The Good Witch Azura! Where Hecate and Azura–"

"Yes! It's my favorite scene!" Amity exclaimed.

They both laughed and headed over to a wooden bench. Ghost accompanied them and purred as she rubbed her head on Luz's ankle. Luz scratched the cat behind her ears. She replayed the scene from The Good Witch Azura.

Azura and Hecate walk beside each other, wandering around the mysterious garden. They had been searching for Malin Gael the Mysterious Soothsayer, but he was nowhere to be found. Azura sighed and rested on an overgrown wooden bench. The place has been untouched for years. Hecate sat beside her and glanced over pitifully.

"Are you well?" Hecate asked.

Azura sighed. "It just seems like every time I think I have a lead, it fails."

"We still have each other, though. Do we not?"

Azura looked back at Hecate. Her black eyes shone with curiosity.