Chapter 14 (THE FINALE)

Willow and Gus had gone home. Luz was at Amity's doorstep holding the small bouquet of purple flowers. There were no clouds to be seen in the sky, the stars were brilliant.
     Luz knocked twice on Amity's door and it was opened a few seconds later.
     "Oh, hey, Luz!" Amity smiled.
     "Amity! I was wondering if you'd wanna go stargazing with me." Luz fidgeted as she waited for a response.
     The door closed and the Blight walked up next to Luz.
     "Of course I would."

     They walked down the path in comfortable silence, their footsteps were the only sound that could be heard. Amity's hair bounced slightly with each step.
     "What made you wanna do this?" Amity asked.
     Luz blushed, "I just thought it would be fun to go with you."
     Amity nodded.
     Luz hadn't been lying particularly, she had just been holding some of the truth back.
     The field came into sight and they both walked faster, eventually beginning to run. Their fingers were intertwined. Laughs could be heard from the two as they ran across the flowery grass to a spot with no trees to block their view. Luz stopped and sat down, gesturing for Amity to do the same.
     When they were both sitting, Luz placed her hand on top of Amity's and laced them together again.
     "I also brought you here because I... wanted to ask you something."
     Amity's eyes shone, even in the dark of the night.
     "I was wondering if... you'd like to... uh..." Luz began to stutter and mumble.
     Amity's excitement got the best of her and she couldn't stop herself before she blurted out, "Will you be my girlfriend?"
     Luz's cheeks turned bright red.
     "Please?" Amity asked, looking straight into Luz's hazelnut colored eyes.
     To Amity's surprise—and horror—Luz began to laugh.
     "That's exactly what I was gonna ask you! Of course I would, Amity."
     Amity's fear dissolved and she beamed, her smile seeming to outshine every star in the sky.
     Luz tackled her in a hug, tears rimming her eyes.
     "What would I do without you?" Amity asked, her hand was comfortably set on the back of her new girlfriend's head.
     Luz couldn't find the words for what she was feeling at that moment. She hoped that her actions would count for them.
    She began lightly kissing Amity on her cheeks and forehead. Amity's smile was the most beautiful thing she'd laid eyes on, apart from the Blight herself.
     The giddy laugh that came from Amity made Luz light up, and she lied down beside her. They both stared up at the stars, but only for a moment, for no matter how bright the sky would shine, the two girls would always be drawn to each other far more.
     Amity rolled over and rested her head on Luz's chest. She could feel her soft heartbeat, and to her, it was the most important sound in the world. It meant that Luz was there with her, and it made her feel safe and comfortable.
     Luz ran her fingers through Amity's long lavender hair and hummed softly. She wished this moment would last forever.

     "I love you, Luz."

     "I love you too, Amity."

two years later

     Luz Noceda, a 21 year old girl, was leaving her cottage on a breezy day. The air was warm enough for a blouse, and she planned to visit the duck pond near her cottage.
     Luz got on her bike and began to pedal. She took her time, appreciating the beautiful green trees and the flowers that grew all around. The sky was a light blue color and there wasn't a single cloud in sight. Her hair had grown longer, but not much else had changed about her. The wrapped gift in her basket glinted in the sunlight because of the shiny ribbon.
     Soon, she stopped. She took the gift and sat down on the bench next to the pond, waiting for her girlfriend to arrive as well. She fidgeted with her fingers. She wasn't sure how, since they'd been together for two years, but the thought of her still made Luz giddy and anxious.
     Her fidgeting came to a halt when she spotted the Blight walking toward the pond. Her hair had grown a bit, so the ends were a faded lavender while everything above was a warm brown. She had cut it short a while back, it now reached down to her shoulders. Everything about her was as beautiful as ever, and her white dress—which was decorated with the embroidery of pink roses—flowed softly in the breeze.
     Luz's cheeks warmed up, even more so when she noticed that Amity was holding a bouquet of blue flowers.
     Amity sat down beside her and handed her the bouquet.
     Luz grinned, "You remembered!"
     "How could I forget the day that I got to be with my favorite girl in the world?" Amity kissed her cheek softly.
     "Yeah, yeah..." Luz said, her cheeks not turning any less red. She handed Amity the gift.
     Upon opening it, Amity's eyes widened and that smile that Luz loved so much became plastered on her face.
     She held up two things. A locket with a picture of the two in it, and a photo album of their favorite pictures together and of each other.
     "I love them so much, Luz!" She pulled her into a tight hug.
     "That's the idea. I'm glad you like the gifts, Hermosa." Luz smiled, returning the hug.
     The two would meet at the pond under their tree, a beautifully green weeping willow, for each anniversary. The place where they'd first met. Luz still found Amity to be just as beautiful as when she'd first seen her, her golden eyes still reflected the light of the sun when she was outside. Her face had become more freckled after spending more time under the sun, and Luz loved to kiss her freckled nose.
     "Do you wanna go to my place and do an Azura marathon?" Luz asked excitedly.
     "Is that even a question!" Amity took Luz's hand and they started on their way back to Luz's house, hand in hand.

A/N

OH MY GAAAAAASH IT'S DONE!!!
i hope y'all enjoyed this little fanfic that i started so many months ago. it's been so fun to write and respond to the comments and i thank every one of you for supporting this story. i'm gonna miss this fanfic, and i really hope that people will continue to read and enjoy it even after it ends. until next time!! remember to live laugh lumity OK BYEEEE

-xoxo, jules