Chapter 11

Author's Note

This chapter is special...
Because it's from Amity's POV!! I hope these last couple chapters don't feel rushed. Thank you for reading this far :)
(This chapter starts off exactly where the last one left off)

Amity wanted to tell Luz how she felt about her. She had liked her since... she could hardly remember. It all felt like a blur. Luz was just... so pretty. She was also really funny, and Amity had never thought that anyone could make her laugh this easily. There were a million other ways Amity thought she could begin to describe Luz, but her mind went blank looking for them. She was just perfect. And Amity didn't mind if Luz didn't feel the same. It might hurt just a little bit, but they could at least still be friends. She had just been looking for the right moment.
"Luz, have you ever liked anyone?" she decided to ask.
Luz seemed startled by the question. "Yeah."
"Ooh, could you tell me about them?"
Luz looked down and thought for a moment. "She's really pretty, loves flowers, loves her cat, and has a pretty backyard."
So many thoughts ran through Amity's head. She likes girls too? Wait... I love my cat. And flowers. AND I have a pretty backyard. Is she talking about me? She can't be talking about me. How could someone as perfect as her ever like someone like me in that way?
"She sounds amazing," Amity said.
"She is," Luz laughed, still looking down.
It would only be fair if Amity told Luz about her secret crush.
"The girl I like is really funny, she has really pretty curly hair, she loves berries, and she has pet mice." Amity looked at Luz.
Luz looked at Amity.
Then down at her lips.
Amity glanced at hers.
Then, they made eye contact again. Before leaning closer and closer, closing their eyes in sync.
Closer and closer, until the crackle sound of thunder sounded from somewhere behind them, snapping them both back to reality. They jumped back and stared at each other in disbelief.
"Well, sounds like a storm is coming! Time to go home! Nice seeing you, Amity!" Luz rushed away to her house, saying nothing more.
Amity simply stared at her bouquet, wondering, what just happened?

When she got home, Amity filled a vase with water and set the bundle of wildflowers inside. On her walk home, she had thought about the incident with Luz. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing that Luz had left, right? She had wanted to kiss Amity. She had leaned in too. Why had she run away? Was she scared of storms? Of kissing Amity? Maybe she hadn't really thought this through. But now, it was getting late. The storm wasn't calming anytime soon. Amity had a sick feeling in her gut, like everything was twisting and turning. The thunder and lightning did not do her any good.
She headed upstairs and plopped down on her bed. Soon, Ghost approached and perched herself on top of Amity's legs. Amity grabbed a pillow that had fallen from her bed, and clung to it like it was Luz. She fell asleep before she realized she was crying.

Author's Note
Sorry about this short chapter AGAIN. I hope it was somewhat enjoyable. I just felt like I didn't have any ideas left for it and if I continued then it should be a separate chapter yk?? I will try to release again soon, and I'm sorry if this seems super rushed lol.
I also started watching Helluva Boss and I think I'm a Blitzo kinnie lolldkjsjs