Heart-to-heart

Outside of lex corp international, Lois was reporting of Lex being arrested.

Then a vet arrived carrying furlina to the animal hospital.

Krypto saw how someone was holding furlina, his only wish is to see her smile and eyes again.

But she was gone for good, krypto flies hone with Superman feeling bad after Lex was put in a police car.

Lois approach Superman, she was clearly upset.

"Well I told you not to get involved and looked what happened"

"Hey! If I haven't shown up krypto would've gotten hurt and I was right about the cat" then he looks back at krypto and frowns.

"And I was also wrong"

It was dawn and the flood was gone but the clouds were still gray.

Cassandra finally woke up when she felt a warm fire warming her. She gets up to see she was covered in a cape and she saw ace was staring out in the sky.

"Ace" she called him.

Ace saw her awake and he walks to her.

"Oh good you're awake, I was worried that you wouldn't wake up...what were you thinking girl-"

But to Cassandra all she could hear was him barking but she understood he was scolding her.

"You could've gotten hurt, what if someone tried to mugged you, and what if you parents would've gotten worried sick, do you have any idea how scary the city is for a girl like you, you nearly scared me half to death"

"I know you're right, but I can't go back home now when I just found out my parents lied to me"

Ace frowns, "I'm sorry Cassandra, I just was so scared that I might've lost you" he rest his head in her shoulder, Hugging her.

Then they parted, "I can't go back now, I'm not going without, I rather run away and I want you to come with me"

"Cassandra" ace didn't wanted that life for her.

"No! I can't-" then she started to sob, "I can't lose you again, ever since you disappeared I been searching my whole life looking for you and that your back you expect me to leave you again I can't-I won't do it" she cried.

And all ace could do was watch her tears fall down, he would've saved her all over again and again and again.

But if there's one thing he knows, if that there are some things worth risking, like the love for a child.

"Hey I know you can't understand me but you need to go back to your parents I know you want to take me back and I do too, I would save you again and again but there is nothing we can do know except cherish the ones we have now, promise that Cassandra that no matter what happens you'll still be the bravest strongest and smartest girl I know"

She looks up at him and he kicks her tears off, "promise me that Cassandra"

He groans and Cassandra finally decided to let him go.

"Ok...fine, it's time...I went home...I'm going to miss you ace" she wraps her arms around him, pulling ace in a hug.

Ace smiles and puts his paws on her shoulders, she then lets him go for the finally time looking at him with swelling eyes, then he dries her tears by damping his nose against her eyes.

"Alright let's go" Cassandra says as she grabs her moist backpack and they both walked back to the city.