𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟎 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭?

I WALKED INTO THE HOUSE WITH A DISPLEASED LOOK WASHING OVER MY FACE. I left early because I didn't want to face the summer fling and the thought that my father would have liked him. A lot. Grayson was sweet, and funny, and undoubtedly handsome as ever, but he just wasn't Conrad. I had realized that my wish was for Conrad to just see me, but when he did I became selfish and uninterested. 

I had twisted the thought of Conrad through my mind. He'd been constantly reserved, never once showing me a little bit of the old him. He just sat in his room and when he was out he was making out with Nicole or brooding in a corner. Maybe, just maybe, he was the one who was being selfish. He was the uninterested one. Suddenly I was fuming towards the boy. 

Conrad showed interest only a couple times, and thats when he wanted to. Thats when I was vulnerable. The 4th I'd almost started to sob, but he kissed me because he almost did too. Conrad Fisher was leading Nicole on, and using me when he felt he needed to. Conrad Fisher makes me happy. But I don't want him to. 

"Hals." I looked up towards the stairs and there he was with a smile on my face. I wiped of the furrowed brow and swapped it with a toothy smile. Damnit. "You're home early." he said shyly, as he finished descending the stairs. "I don't feel too good." I said itching the back of my head. "Oh, you need food? Water? I can tell Cleveland I can't boat today and I can make you some food." he said reaching his hand out to grab my face. 

I caught his hand and shook my head slowly bringing our arms down. I intertwined our fingers. "I'm fine connie, I promise. I just need some sleep." I told him. Why do I do this to myself. I'm supposed to be mad at him. "Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly. "I'm sure. Now, go sailing with Cleveland and we can hangout later ok?" I said with a close-lipped smile. He nodded his hand and let go of my hand. "Bye, Honey." he said opening the door. "Bye Con." I said walking towards the living room. 

I entered the kitchen and saw the counters covered in food. I didn't even bat an eye, I just reached for the chocolate and went to my room. When I walked in I saw a picture laying perfectly straight and a note. The picture was of my father and I. I smiled lightly and traced the image delicately with my finger. I read the note throu