Chapter Nine.

Song: Sorry- Justin Bieber 

Jaylee couldn't like Luke. She just couldn't. She still wasn't completely over the first time her heart was broken. It was hard to forget the pain and agony of it all. Forgetting a heartbreak was hard in general, and it was because she gave so much of herself to a person, only for them to break down the walls and destroy her. 

Most heartbreakers never started out as heartbreakers. They used to be good people who genuinely cared about everyone, but when their hearts were broken so badly,  something inside of them snapped. They never wanted to feel that pain again, so they completely hid the good part of them and brought out the bad, ugly part. 

This was the case with Jaylee. When she was a freshman, she was the complete opposite of what she was her senior year. Jaylee was nice, generous, and she had a heart of gold. She always wanted to make everyone happy, even if they didn't like her. Jaylee had never dreamed of using anyone. It wasn't right and she knew it. 

Eric was a senior. Jaylee had music with him. Eric was nice, funny, and just about everything she wanted. He was a well rounded guy to the eyes, but Jaylee knew what was behind the facade he wore around the school. She knew the real Eric, and he was enough to make her turn bad and break everyone's hearts. Eric had found out Jaylee liked him one day in music, and she found out he actually liked her back. 

"I find you intriguing, Jaylee." Eric had told her, an award winning smile playing on his lips, and Jaylee's face tinged pink as she stared at him with wide eyes. 

"H-how did you know I liked you?" Eric chuckled quietly, and Jaylee swore it was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard. 

"It gets around, but I don't mind." He leaned closer to her and whispered, "I like you too." 

Eric closed the space between them and kissed her, and that was how Jaylee had her first kiss. 

Jaylee and Eric dated for a year and a half. They were the school's golden couple-- until one day during the summer of sophomore year. Jaylee was going to his house to hang out. She let herself in, considering Eric gave her the key to his house, and when she reached his room, Jaylee saw Eric and Miley making out. Jaylee choked out his name, and he glanced at her. Eric was speechless, Jaylee was speechless, and Miley was smirking. 

Jaylee's eyes filled with tears, and she ran out of his house. Jaylee had hoped Eric would call her name or stop her, but he never did. He never came for her. A few days later, Eric announced in front of the entire school that he had used Jaylee. Their whole relationship was a dare. Jaylee didn't go to school for two weeks. She was extremely depressed, and she couldn't do anything. 

Jaylee used to be different. She was never a heartbreaker until after that. Now she was a senior, and somehow got caught up in The Heartbreaker's Game with Luke. 

Luke was the same way. He hated being a heartbreaker. Just like Jaylee, Luke used to be different. He used to be an outgoing guy who was friends with everybody, and he would have never dreamed of hurting a girl, let alone breaking her heart. This, of course, was in eighth grade. Luke could remember her words as clear as day. 

"I like you, Sullivan. You strike an interest in me I have never had before." Rebecca smiled widely at him, her eyes lighting up with interest. "It would be my pleasure to be your girlfriend." 

Rebecca was Luke's girlfriend; his first, to be exact. Rebecca was absolutely beautiful. She had the smile of an angel, and eyes that made him get lost in time. On the outside-- to Luke, at least--she was funny, somewhat rebellious, and a daredevil. He loved that. Luke loved the way Rebecca would take any challenge, and always wanted an adventure. She was one of a kind.