Chapter Thirteen.

Song: Careless Whisper- George Michael 

Six months later... 

Luke and Jaylee had been together for six months. It was an amazing six months, but it didn't even seem like that long. Neither of them would have wanted to spend that long with anyone else. To Jaylee, Luke made the whole world seem brighter, and he didn't even have to try; all he had to do was crack a joke and Jaylee's smile would be all because of him. Her laugh was because of him. He made her happy. Luke felt the same way. Just seeing Jaylee's smile could make his whole day. He had never been happier in his life, and it was all thanks to his girl. 

Two weeks before their six month anniversary, Jaylee had the biggest soccer game of her life. She was the captain, and all the pressure was on her. Luke, of course, was her biggest supporter. Every game she had before this one, he would be in the stands, cheering his heart out. Jaylee could always hear him over everyone else, and it gave her a little extra motivation to play harder than ever before. The game that day was against Cresap Valley's rival school, and Jaylee was slightly nervous. They were good-- damn good. Her team just needed the confidence they had at every other game. 

"Alright, girls, halftime is almost up." She panted, brushing the sweaty hair out of her face, "We only need one more point, and the game is ours. Let's go get a win!" 

The girls gulped down a quick drink, and then they hit the field. As Jaylee got into her position and looked around, she saw the determination on her teammate's faces. Her coach had the most confident look on his face as the players took the field.The sound of the players was very serious. They talked to each other on the field as if they had known everyone their whole lives. As Jaylee, who was the forward, dribbled the ball past the opposing team's defense, the crowd let out a huge roar. Our bench was cheering so loud that she thought she had become deaf, but the cheers only motivated her even more. She picked up her speed, swerving past the opposing team's players as she headed for the goal. Jaylee kicked the ball into the back of the net, and the crowd erupted in screams and applause, but over everyone else, Jaylee could hear Luke. She glanced up at him, and he held the biggest, most proudest smile ever on his face. 

The girls ran back to their sideline and celebrated their win. Jaylee gave the team one last pep talk before they kicked off their cleats and went their separate ways. Jaylee grabbed her bag and walked to the gates, where Luke was standing, the proud smile still lingering on his lips. 

"I gotta admit, it's hot having a bad ass soccer playing girlfriend." He flirted, wrapping his arms around Jaylee's waist, and a huge smile grew on her lips as she pecked his and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

"Why, thank you." Her grin grew even wider, "I didn't know being all sweaty was such a turn on." 

Luke rolled his eyes, chuckling under his breath. "That's not my favorite part, but I'll deal as long as I get to see you kick ass like that again." 

Luke's face suddenly became serious, and Jaylee shot him a confused look. He took a deep breath before he pulled a long, red box out of his pocket and handed it to Jaylee. She took the box and opened it, finding a silver necklace with a J and an L intertwined on it. 

"Oh my God.. Luke..." She breathed out, tears welling in her eyes as she looked up at him. "This is beautiful. Thank you so much." 

Luke shot her a boyish grin as he whispered, "Anything for my girl." 

Jaylee kissed him once more before he helped clasp the necklace around her neck, and they intertwined their hands, walking off the field. That was one of her best games, and it was all thanks to her biggest supporter. She knew she loved him, she was just too afraid to say it yet. Luke hadn't said it either, and it made her wonder if he was scared too.