Epilogue

"Lucien, are you okay?" I ask

"Lucien, are you okay?" I ask. He's been acting weird all day. Almost like he's nervous and he's never nervous. We're currently in Venice Italy, originally for some work related stuff but Lucien spoke with Black and he gave us a couple weeks without any missions, so it's more of a holiday now.

We're currently in his car as he drives us somewhere. He won't tell me what we're doing or where we're going, but he made me put on a dress and get ready before we left so I'm guessing he's taking me to dinner.

"Of course love," he responds.

"You're not going to finally kill me, are you?" I ask with a smirk. It's been over 2 years of me and Lucien living together, I fall impossibly more in love with him everyday.

"How did you know?" He gasps pretending to be shocked.

"I guess I just have a sense for death. It's a shame you beat me to it really, I was planning on shooting you next week. I was going to make it look like an accident on a mission," I say pretending to be disappointed as I bite back a smile.

He fake sighs, "Tough luck then love, you should've gotten rid of me sooner," he smiles. He stops the car on a random street, "put this on. It'll make it easier for me to kill you," he says smirking, he hands me a blindfold.

"Are you serious, what's going on?" I ask.

"Put it on and you'll find out darling," he says. I roll my eyes and put on the blindfold. "Good girl." He starts the car and begins driving again.

I still blush everytime he says that to me and he knows it. "Asshole. Unless you're about to fuck me don't say that again," I say.

Lucien laughs, "I'll fuck you later don't worry amore."

The car stops and I hear Lucien moving around for a moment before he stops. "Wait there I'll come around and help you out," he says. He gets out then I hear my door being opened. Lucien holds one of my hands and guides me to stand up then he closes the car door and I hear it lock.

"I'm starting to think you really are going to kill me," I say as he starts leading me somewhere by my hand, he walks beside me and puts an arm around my waist.

"If you died love so would I, my heart couldn't take it, and well... I'm enjoying life at the moment I'd quite like to stay alive."

I laugh, "you could have just said, 'I love you Nirah, I would never brutally murder you' but I guess that works too," I say. "Where are we going?" I ask again, honestly I'm surprised Lucien isn't sick of me yet but he's just as clingy to me as I am to him.

Maybe more, because I'm such a catch-

"I think you don't understand the concept of a surprise you little brat," Lucien slows down slightly, "There's steps here baby. Step up," he says.

I do as he says and soon enough I hear him open a door and he leads me inside the building. The only sound is the heavy door closing as it echos around the seemingly large room and I suspect we are the only people here.

I feel his warm breath hit my hear and the top of my head as he takes a deep breath. His hand slightly fiddles with the fabric around my waist,  "Are you nervous Lucien?" I ask smiling slightly. I feel his teeth bite my ear gently and I lean into him with a giggle.

"Sto per chiederti di essere mio per sempre, amore mio," he answers me in Italian. (Translation: I'm about to ask you to be mine forever, my love"

"Lucien," I groan. "You know my Italian isn't that good yet." He's been trying to teach it to me for the last few months, and not to be full of myself but I'm learning pretty fast... just not that fast.
He ignores me and starts guiding me forwards again for about 20 metres, "Are you ever going to tell me what's going on or are you just going to keep walking me around with-"

I cut myself off when he tugs the blindfold off me from behind and I'm about to tell him off for doing it so rough but my brain shuts down when I realise we're in the ballroom where we first met. Where we tried to kill eachother... good times.

I let out a small gasp as I take it in. It looks similar to the day we met just without all the rich and dangerous people flooding the floor. I notice a table a little bit away from us set out with flowers and food.

"Lucien this is amazing how did you get-" I turn around and once again cut myself off when I find Lucien down on one knee.

"Lucien," I whisper bearly audibly then I bite my lip to try and stop my dumbass from crying already.

He's maybe not even proposing, stop being dramatic.

"Nirah I never thought I was capable of falling in love until I met you, you've showed me so much and helped me through even more. I love you more than anything, even if you are a little brat sometimes," he says. Lucien pulls a ring box from his pocket and opens it revealing a beautiful ring, it's simple with 3 diamonds, the one in the middle slightly larger. I feel my eyes well up with tears and I can't contain the smile that takes over my face. "I've never been good with words so, Nirah Avani Grey, marry me or I might just shoot myself in the head."

I giggle, "That sounded more like a demand Valentino, ask me nicely," I say grinning down at him. My vision blurs slightly and a single tear escapes my eye.

He rolls his eyes, "Nirah Avani Grey, will you please marry me?" He asks.

"Yes."

His eyes meet mine as he smiles and I hold out my left hand so he can slip the ring on.

Once he does he stands up and I jump into his arms for a hug. "Do you like the ring? If you don't-"

I cut Lucien off with a kiss, "I love it, it's beautiful," I say after I pull back. He smiles and leans into kiss me again.

"I love you Nirah."

"I love you Lucien."

A/N

A/N

AHHHHHHHHHH

I honestly don't know what to say. If you did make it this far (which honestly I doubt anyone is going to read this) then THANK YOU so much my loves <3

I hope you enjoyed Nirah and Lucien's story and my first ever book!

It's been a journey but I loved writing it and I've learned so much for when I write more books in the future.

I love you all!

Don't forget to vote if you liked it and follow me to be reminded if I post more! <3

Follow my tiktok if you didn't come from there, @ ella.writes