•38•

—————| Ambushed |—————

—————
| Ambushed |
—————

"Why are we the ones always running errands?" Hwan complained to Jungkook and Nari as they walked through the street market filled with people. Children ran around the market, weaving through the different stands and playing imaginary games as the parents continued to shop for groceries.

"Their billionaires, right? Why don't they order the ingredients right to the house?" Hwan sighed, looking at the list of things his mother told him and Nari to get. Jungkook looked down at the list in his own hands that his mother had given him.

Jungkook's mom wanted to prepare dinner at the mansion. Hwan's mom and Hana offered to help cook, for they had to feed many people. Not long after, the two mothers sent their kids out to run some errands for them. "Let's get the items we need and be on our way," Jungkook said, walking towards a Stan that sold oranges.

The man watched Jungkook approaching, smiling and handing Jungkook a few oranges in a bag. Jungkook bows in gratitude, digging for change in his pocket, and drops it in the man's hand. "Thank you." Jungkook turns to Hwan and Nari tuning into their conversation. Nari's face was bored as she heard his brother rambling on.

"Don't you find it suspicious that both our mom's come home late at night?" "They both work the same job, Hwan." Jungkook pointed out the obvious, making his way to the cucumbers. "Their just saying that to make an excuse to do whatever to each other." The comment had Jungkook slapping Hwan upside the head making Hwan grimace.

"Stop talking, will you!" Nari lets out in frustration, not caring if other people around looked their way from the sudden outburst. Nari continued to lecture Hwan flailing her arms, "You're driving me crazy! We're here to get groceries, not gossip about our mother's sex lives! Get a grip, will you!"

Both older boys stared at Nari with surprise. "Now, I need to use the restroom, so when I get back, you better have half of those groceries in your goddamn hands!" Getting her statement across, Nari stomps away to the restrooms. Her long black hair waved side to side as she did.

When Nari was out of sight, Jungkook and Hwan shared a 'well damn' before facing the man who runs the cucumber, Stan. The man had his mouth wide open in astonishment, still holding a cucumber in the air. Hwan snapped his fingers several times to grab the man's attention. "Remind me not to get on her bad side." The man said with a chuckle handing the two boys cucumbers.

"Tell me about it," Jungkook said under his breath, handing the man money and Hwan doing the same. Nari didn't have to say anything, but Jungkook knew Nari was still upset with him because he gave Nari 'false hope'. At least, that is what Hwan told him. Jungkook didn't bother telling them or anyone his sexuality because he didn't think it was a big deal unless it was necessary.

Any man or woman Jungkook found interesting, kind, and attractive was all he needed to attempt to make a move and see where things go. Well, in his case, tolerable men and women. Jungkook never thought he would be into multiple people at once, but he's here now.

Hwan throws an arm over Jungkook's shoulders, snapping the brunette out of his thoughts and guiding him through the market to the next food Stan. "Have you contacted that detective yet?" Jungkook asked, and Hwan tripped over his feet, but Junkook's hold on him kept him upright. Hwan takes his arm off Jungkook's shoulder and takes a step back. Despite the slightly cold weather, Jungkook could see the blush on Hwan's face as he didn't make eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook's shoulder slumped at the silent response from Hwan. "You haven't, haven't you?" Jungkook asked more of a confirmation than a question. Hwan nods, embarrassed. That day when both Jungkook and Hwan were arrested, detained, and yelled at by the chief of police was the day Hwan stopped breathing. Jungkook found that day annoying and a waste of time while Hwan was head over heels in love with Detective Guk Doo.

"I was going to but," Hwan pauses to try and make up an excuse but fails. "I panicked." He admits, making Jungkook laugh. "You have been threatened, kidnapped, and almost killed, and you're having a crisis over asking out a man?" "Well– well, I'm still young, and he's older and–" "That didn't stop me." Jungkook blurted out, soon regretting it. Just like Hwan, he was blushing now. Not only Hwan was surprised, but Jungkook himself. Why did I say that? Jungkook thought, smacking his forehead in stupidity.

"We will never speak of that again, understood?" Jungkook demanded Hwan in utter embarrassment. Hwan hunched over in laughter at Jungkook as Jungkook handed a guy money for carrots. People around them made faces at Hwan for laughing too loudly but kept shopping. Jungkook walks back over to Hwan, grabbing his arm and whispering. "Keep this up, and I'll make you walk home."

Hwan laughs, then falls silent at Jungkook's threat, and bunny smile. The butler dropped Nari and him off while Jungkook rode his motorcycle here, so Hwan knew he was not bluffing. Hwan was going to argue, but Jungkook grabbed his arm again and pulled him urgently out of the way. Hwan turns to see a man with a knife held up in the air and ready to cut Hwan, but the man stops completely. The man lets out a groan of pain as he drops to his knees, drops the knife, and cups his balls.

Nari stood behind the man, out of breath and her hair messy. "What the hell–." "Forget the groceries! Let's leave!" Nari cried, running to Jungkook and Hwan and taking both hands into each of hers. She dragged them away from the guy lying on the ground. "Did you kick that man in the balls?" Hwan asked, letting Nari drag them both.

"Yes! Now let's pick up the pace, please." Nari answered desperately. "What's going on? I'm confused." Jungkook finally said. Nari lets both of their hands go and faces them furiously. "I finished using the bathroom, and when I was leaving, some men tried to grab me, but I ran. Before I ran, I noticed one of them had a tattoo that belonged to a gang. One of the gangs Hwan borrowed money from. Then I found you guys and saw that man about to strike, so I struck first." Nari takes a deep breath after explaining herself.

Hwan cursed under his breath. He should've listened to his sister when she told him not to ask for money from gangs. Multiple gangs, for a fact. "Let's go and stay close," Jungkook instructed, taking the lead and walking through the crowd.