Chapter 8

Stumbling, Chuuya supported himself with the help of the wall. His breaths were shallow as his heavy eyes were about to close. At the start of his off day, it was a sunny day and birds were chirping happily. After almost staying in that maze of an alley for a whole day, he finally could have a break. However, when he finally got himself out of his bed and out of his house, he was attacked by a vampire. It seems that the vampire recognised him, probably from the alley yesterday. Chuuya did kill the vampire but because of the sudden angle and attack, he got slashed at by the vampire's sharp nails. It made a deep gash on his stomach. Now, he was trying his best to get to the vampire slayers office for Yasano to work her magic and heal him. Sadly, it wasn't as easy as he thought. He was slowly bleeding out and he had to endure the tingling sensation of the cold air coming in contact with his pain and obviously, excruciating pain was added to the list. He tried to focus but his sight was getting blurry.

After a few seconds, he crouched while clutching his wound while wincing in pain. Chuuya wasn't even sure if the wound hit any internal organs and if he had any internal bleeding. If he was internally bleeding, that would be a problem. He shakily fished out his phone to try and get help but he just didn't have the energy to scroll through his contacts so he just pressed the top contact and decided to just tell the other of his situation. Chuuya was sure that that person would help him. That's because everyone in Chuuya's contact was reliable or he should rephrase that, caring. (We all know not everyone is reliable...)

Three rings before the opposite picked up. Chuuya couldn't help but actually feel happy and relieved when he heard the familiar cheerful voice. "Chibi~ You miss me? Why do you suddenly call? Also where are you? I'm standing outside your house now!" Chuuya breathed in and out, he could hear his heartbeat becoming slower as he started trying to mutter at least something. Form a sentence or at least a word. However, it was all just silence. Dazai, upon noticing that, asked again, "Chuuya?" Still nothing. Dazai pushed the phone closer to his ear. He increased the volume of his phone and that's when he heard it. Tapping of a wall?

Dazai thought to himself, internally counting the tapping sound and fixing letters together.

... (S)

- - - (O)

... (S)

Dazai's eyes widened, "Chuuya, where are you?" The ginger's consciousness slowly faded, he couldn't speak. He smirked when he realized Dazai understood his last way of trying to tell the brunette what happened. That was probably the main reason why he was happy that it was Dazai he randomly called. The brunette knew how Chuuya communicated in the weirdest ways and in this case, it was morse code. He even took the effort to put the phone near the wall. He mustered enough strength to press that one button as his phone dropped out of his phone and onto the floor with thud. Dazai heard that thud and clicked his tongue in annoyance. That's when Dazai heard a notification. Chuuya's location! Without hesitation, Dazai rushed to the destination. He knew that place, it was the place where Chuuya always went to, to get his coffee. It wasn't that far from Chuuya's house. Dazai made it there in just 5 minutes since he was running. He glanced around only to see the ginger bleeding out while leaning on the wall. Rushing over, Dazai checked his pulse only to find out that his pulse was starting to get slow. That's when Dazai looked at the blood on his hand. He breathed out deeply. "Focus, Osamu..." The brunette muttered to himself as he immediately carried Chuuya and made his way to the office.

Everyone in the office was calm, some even going to doze off. Kunikida with his 'ideals' book once more. Atsushi and Kenji sitting on the couch with Rampo surprisingly sharing his snacks with them. Naomi was with her brother watching a show on Tanizaki's phone. Yasano was out with Kouyou who visited them, thinking of checking on Chuuya. She was about to leave and come back another day until Kunikida served her tea and cake as an apology for the other day by attacking her. Kouyou gratefully accepted it and sat down with Yasano talking to her. Yasano was initially persuading Kouyou to join them as a vampire slayer since she had knowledge on how to kill them. Kunikida agreed with the idea. Kouyou already agreed after a while of Yasano's pestering. She could be close to her little brother as well anyways. Fukuzawa approved and the vampire slayers were delighted to have a new member. That's when everyone heard loud thumping and it sounded someone running towards the office. Everyone in the office heard that as their postures straightened. Yasano at the side had a bad feeling and slowly stood up and stood beside Kunikida who also felt the same way. They glanced at each other a the footsteps became closer before the door was slammed open. "Yasano-san." A brunette entered as the purple-haired doctor didn't hesitate to rush towards Dazai and the visibly injured ginger he was carrying. "His pulse?" Yasano asked as she lead Dazai to the infirmary. "35 per minute, he's dying." Yasano, wide eyed, shoved Dazai rather roughly as she slammed the door behind her. Everyone else was still processing what Dazai said to Yasano. 35 per minute is a dangerous level, Chuuya may not have enough oxygen and he may die from heart failure.