Chapter 11

Holding his breath, Chuuya eye widened as the vampire's face were only a few inches away from his face. As the black-haired vampire roughly pulled Chuuya's shirt down, the ginger couldn't do anything as the vampire hovering above him was gripping him with bruising voice. It was sure to leave marks behind. As the ginger tried struggling and resisting the vampire's grip to turn his head to the side so that he could bury its teeth into his neck, the vampire seemed frustrated. As the vampire forcefully pushed Chuuya's head to the side, it growled, annoyed when he saw existing bite marks already there. Chuuya used the last amount of strength in him and kicked the vampire in the face as the vampire grunted and grabbed the side of his face in pain. Chuuya panted as he tried supporting himself while the vampire was distracted. However, the vampire didn't give Chuuya a second chance as it pounced on the ginger once again. It licked Chuuya's neck as Chuuya squirmed. However, before the vampire could bite him, it stopped as it clicked it's tongue in annoyance and growled, "That scent...". Afterwards, it scurried away. The ginger looked at the running figure confusingly. That was until he heard thumping of footsteps as he turned his head to see a familiar brunette running to him. He mentally sighed I'm relief upon seeing his lover making it in time. The brunette, concern plastered all over his face, checked to see Chuuya's wounds and hug the ginger. "What happened?" Dazai asked softly as Chuuya coughed a few times before replying weakly, "I got dizzy half way through the mission and was thinking of asking you to help me but another vampire appeared and it almost bit me... " Dazai, upon hearing that, grip on Chuuya became tighter as he glanced away to see if there was any trace of the vampire. That's when Dazai realised something, the scent of the vampire who attacked Chuuya was she same scent of 'that' pure blood vampire. The brunette's eyes had a tint of red and he had a murderous look on his face. As he gripped Chuuya tighter, the ginger winced slightly as he glanced up at the brunette who looked like he could kill anyone anytime. Feeling that Dazai's grip was getting suffocating, he feebly pulled on Dazai's shirt as the brunette noticed that and hastily losened his grip. Thankfully, Kouyou came rushing into the buiding after a few minutes and was relieved to see the duo were alright. She hastily ran towards both as Dazai carried Chuuya bridal style and willed himself to stand up again. Kouyou's eyes softened when she saw Chuuya who had dark eye circles and look visibly tired. "Let's get back to the office." the pick-haired lady gestured for Dazai to follow her which the brunette did.

The trio reached the office with Dazai setting Chuuya on one of the infirmary beds, Yasano checking on him again. She lectured Chuuya the whole time she did the check up. "You need to take better care of yourself!" she said and everyone could hear it. They all chuckled when they heard Chuuya shouting a 'yes!' after a few seconds. Fukuzawa declared that he would try to make a new plan with Dazai so that everyone has pairs for the next week of missions. Kouyou agreed satisfied. All was well but Chuuya had to take a break for a few days, rest and do nothing. Dazai gets to take days off too because he was the closest to Chuuya.

It was one of those rainy days. Dazai and Chuuya were at Chuuya's apartment and the brunette was currently asking questions about the vampire who attacked Chuuya.

"Black hair and white coat. It's the same vampire, I think." Chuuya commented as he continued reading his book. Dazai rocked his chair in mindless directions as he supported his head with his hand. He sighed as his brain came to a dead end. He doesn't have a clue on who this vampire is. From what Chuuya said, he's fast. The ginger lifted his head up from the book and saw how the brunette was smirking at him. "What is it?"

"Nothing!" Dazai exclaimed rather chirpy as he told Chuuya to rest for a few days before going back to work. Chuuya found it suspicious but agreed. He was physically tired anyways. He heard the door open only for it to be slammed closed again. The ginger looked up to see Dazai standing in front of the door still. Tilting his head in confusion, Chuuya asked Dazai what was wrong and the brunette didn't reply and went straight to Chuuya and gently pushed him down to his bed. Chuuya looked at his lover confused until he realised what the brunette wanted. He sighed as he pulled his shirt down slightly. His eyes turning a slight red, Dazai muttered a thanks before sinking his teeth into Chuuya's neck. The ginger winced slightly but got used to it after a while. Dazai thought that Chuuya's blood was like hid favourite sweet, addicting and that made it impossible to resist himself from sucking Chuuya dry. However, knowing how weak Chuuya was already, Dazai was obviously grateful to Chuuya for willingly allowing him to feed on his blood. Dazai has been surviving on animal blood for all his years as a vampire. Sometimes, he would starve because he didn't have any blood left. However, now, he could rely on Chuuya who didn't mind him feeding on his blood. Chuuya knew why Dazai needed blood after all. Vampires would get weak and probably would die.

So, the duo were just on the bed, Dazai enjoying his meal hitch he relished nevertheless. Chuuya just trying not to move much. He himself didn't even know how much blood Dazai took from him but he trusted his lover that there will at least enough blood still inside him to survive. When Dazai removed his fangs, he licked Chuuya's new wound and supported the ginger to lean against the pillow in the bed. Chuuya fell into Dazai's grip as the brunette made sure not to let go of Chuuya for even a second. Dazai gave Chuuya a small peck on the forehead until their moment was destroyed by the ringing of the phone. Chuuya heard a few 'yes' and Dazai hung up. "Chu, I'm going out for a while. I'll be back in about 30 minutes okay?" Chuuya just nodded as he got himself comfortable in his bed as he watched Dazai wave at him goodbye and left his room.

As the brunette quickly left Chuuya's house, adjusting his coat properly, he rushed to the vampire slayers office in a hurry. He didn't want Chuuya to know since the ginger would be angry and I try to do something, resulting in him not take a proper rest. The sams pure blood vampire attacked Kyouka and she's injured badly. Thankfully, Yasano healed her but Kyouka seems to have post-trauma. The rest of the vampire slayers wanted Dazai to try and coax Kyouka into talking. They all knew the Burnett was good with kids. As Dazai made his way hastily to the office, he hoped that this wouldn't take too long.